• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker may be happening today.

Zod

From reading this thread some are excited about the possibility and some are of course not. I'm of the "meh" mindset as I see Baker to be better than Sam but I really don't see him currently as someone who could lead us to the super bowl. Maybe I am wrong and he just needs the perfect storm of a team to make it happen. If it were someone young that I had more faith in like Josh Allen, Justin Hebert, Joe Burrow or Lamar Jackson that would be awesome but I realize we are not getting any of the above so I almost feel as if it would be best to just roll with Sam, Corral and PJ or whoever 3rd string QB we can find. For those who are excited about Baker, do you honestly see him being capable of leading us to a trophy? If so what makes you feel this way?

Baker would definitely be an upgrade right now over anyone we have but does that mean we will cut Sam and eat all his salary? Would anyone actually trade anything at all for Sam and take on his salary? If we got Baker how could we see if Corral is worth the draft pick and see what he has with Baker still very young and more than likely playing full time? Corral may be a project and never develop into anything of course but what if he had something great in him we never got to see because of Baker being here? On the flip side of that I guess some will say what if Corral never develops into nothing more than a solid backup? I guess with any decision comes ramifications on the future and unfortunately with the coach we have in place I don't have tons of faith in his decision making regarding QB's so I'm hoping that others I believe in more like Fit or Dan Morgan or potentially even Macadoo have the majority of the input and final say so. Either way this goes I feel like our greatest unknown could also be the greatest reward going the bet on Corral to develop route but that itself is a huge risk I realize. Tough decisions to be made either way but just not so sure how I feel about Baker for us. Maybe I'm buying into the media too much but is he a true leader or the immature jerk they make him out to be? So many questions and so few answers. Makes me glad I don't have to make the final decision but I guess for their yearly paychecks I would be happy to be in charge and make a big decision like that as well so forget I said that. 

Something most of us can get behind I do believe is the fact that maybe in any deal we do, we could include Robbie Anderson to get him out of here and see what we have beyond his goofy ass. TMJ I still hope can develop into a real force and DJ somehow takes an even bigger step into being a true to form clear cut bad ass number 1 WR. He has all the tools and talent in the world if he can just will himself to take that final elite step of being a dominant force teams must game plan for every single down.

Edited by YourLastThought

Just now, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

So true. His commercials are straight trash compared to the Oikos yogurt commercials.

Oikos commercials suck I agree but damn that new no sugar added protein enriched low carb Oikos is the poo! Mix that with one scoop of whey and a tablespoon of almond butter and you are a full fledged god damn keto beast before you know it.

keto GIF by AKBAN Academy