• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker may be happening today.

Zod

CBS Sports's Josina Anderson reports the Panthers "are still doing its due diligence in terms of looking into QB Baker Mayfield, the football player and the person."

Anderson's note that Carolina is looking into Mayfield "as a person" is interesting because all previous reports have painted his contract as the only hangup in a potential trade. It's possible that the Panthers don't see him as a perfect cultural fit, though Mayfield has generally drawn praise from his teammates and coaches, sans Odell Beckham. Sam Darnold currently has the inside track to starting in Week 1 despite an atrocious 2021 season. If he struggles in camp, the Panthers could hand the reigns to rookie Matt Corral or pull the trigger on Mayfield. 

13 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

OMG the panthers are doin their “due diligence” on Baker “as a person” LOL oh man that is rich. Let’s hope they dig a little deeper than what they did with Message Parlor Watson 

Yup. Tepper already showed his colors with the Watson pursuit. Anything else is just lip service at this point.

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

OMG the panthers are doin their “due diligence” on Baker “as a person” LOL oh man that is rich. Let’s hope they dig a little deeper than what they did with Message Parlor Watson 

Yeah, you can't try desperately for a year to trade for "Ole Rub 'n Tug" then act like you care about doing due diligence on a player's character. 😂

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

Before the draft, I was for it, but now?  Not so much.  While I am not a big fan of throwing a third round rookie under center, I am more inclined to do that than bring in this guy. 

I believe in team chemistry, something some do not value because it is not a Madden feature. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

This is just getting annoying. I just can’t imagine how minuscule the details they’re discussing must be. Ready for some clarity on this one way or another.

Exactly. Just get it over with, trade for him or officially say they don’t want him.