• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker may be happening today.

Zod

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

If one didn't know better they might get the impression that they are trying to work out a long term deal for Baker with the background check they are doing on him. One would think they were going to give up a couple of 1st round picks or something doing all this do diligence on him. 

Shut Your Mouth Reaction GIF

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

13 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

As shitty as it sounds I think Carolina is concerned about Baker’s personality clashing in the locker room more than any off the field issues. Watson (appears to be a terrible person) never had any locker room issues that I’m aware of. His teammates typically spoke highly of him. 

The NFL has basically came out and established their rules:

1. Don’t be a white man and make offensive comments.

2. Don’t mess with their money.

3. Whatever a certain group of people are mad about that particular week on the news, don’t be a part of. (expires in 3 months)

Everything else under the sun is 100% fair game.

Why are some of you guys acting like the Panthers are the only team that has ever overlooked off-the-field issues for a superbly talented player? 

Yeah, no crap the Panthers were likely more willing to overlook any issues Watson would bring vs issues Mayfield could bring, given Watson is a much better QB.  And who says the Panthers didn't do their due diligence on Watson, given they weren't willing to fully guarantee the contract?  Clearly they had their own reservations, however far they went.  It isn't like Tepper couldn't afford to guarantee the contract. But sure, yeah, let's push the narrative.

And this is not me defending anything Watson has done. Obviously it was terrible and he deserves a full-year suspension. But stop acting like the Panthers stance is unique.  The fact of the matter is, in all sports, the athletes at the top will be shown more leniency vs the athletes at the bottom.  I don't find it surprising at all they wouldn't want to bring Mayfield in if he's going to bring a lot of baggage, because guess what?  He's not as good as Watson and likely never will be.  And if you have a problem with that, then I don't know what to tell you.  Sports have always been like that and they always will be.  The better you are, the more franchises will let you get away with.

Edited by Mage

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

3. Whatever a certain group of people are mad about that particular week on the news, don’t be a part of. (expires in 3 months)

Your white fragility is showing 

• Poo 1

23 minutes ago, jayflip said:

Your white fragility is showing 

derp. that wasn’t the point and i’m Mexican idiot

23 minutes ago, frankw said:

Please keep your politics out of my football.

But the nfl is politics, you either ignore it or are too stupid to realize it

the point wasn’t that either

the point was how comical and backwards poo is when Watson is considered winning the lotto while suspension is being reviewed and meanwhile Ridley is suspended for a year. that’s all. get it snowflakes? 

everything is not butthurt offensive, chill

I really don't understand what the Browns think they have. They told Mayfeild he was expendable. He won't play for them. Rather than eat half his salary and get nothing in return, why not trade Baker for Sam straight up. Deal with your respective headache for a year and be done with it.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

It’s pretty much all about money. If a player makes a racist comment it’s not only incredibly ignorant, but will destroy any trust/respect in the locker room. A general rule for any business/society is to not make racist comments and better yet not be racist. Unfortunately a large number of us fans and players will look the other way on sexual assault/domestic abuse if the player produces on the field. Shame on us for looking the other way (the ones that do) and shame on the NFL for not cracking down on it enough. All they care about is their bottom line like most businesses.

• Beer 1