• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral

Martin

15 hours ago, frankw said:

Niners should have won 1-2 Super Bowls by now with that supporting cast and Shanahan.

they lost the Super Bowl in 2020 due to the defense crumbling in the 4th quarter. 49ers had a double digit lead heading into the 4th qtr.

Also, what other super bowls should they have won? They  have only 2 winning seasons under Shanahan.....

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

I think the "play for your job" stuff is nonsense, there aren't any surprises. Put people in their position EARLY, let them become a team. Guys want to micromanage and overRhule everything as if carrots and sticks are necessary. 

Highschool coaches already know their roster. Set your starters now so everyone from training camp forward knows their role as a #1,#2 special teams. Especially the o line. Get your hog mollies in sync early. Sometimes overdoing leaves other important things undone.

Like overRhuling the QB position. Matt Corral is your QB now. 

Captain Phillips GIF

Stop with all the rejects and show this man the love and appreciation he deserves. The draft was stupid, a year ago Matt Corral was projected QB1 for all the right reasons, not like the Pickett/Willis hype.

He knows it. You know it. You got a bargain, yes, you were lucky but don't treat this gift horse like a donkey. He's worth it, put some sugar on that man's contract and give him the damn job! There is no better option for the future on this roster or in free agency. We know it. You know it. His agent knows it. Stop overthinking, overdoing, give Matt Corral the damn ball and LET'S GO!

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

14 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

they lost the Super Bowl in 2020 due to the defense crumbling in the 4th quarter. 49ers had a double digit lead heading into the 4th qtr.

Also, what other super bowls should they have won? They  have only 2 winning seasons under Shanahan.....

Salty this morning? The Falcons once had a double digit lead in the Super Bowl too. That's what happens when you take your foot off the gas and expect your defense to do all the lifting. But they have had some very good talent on those rosters over the years that should have been enough to get them over the hump.

• Flames 1

14 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I think the "play for your job" stuff is nonsense, there aren't any surprises. Put people in their position EARLY, let them become a team. Guys want to micromanage and overRhule everything as if carrots and sticks are necessary. 

Highschool coaches already know their roster. Set your starters now so everyone from training camp forward knows their role as a #1,#2 special teams. Especially the o line. Get your hog mollies in sync early. Sometimes overdoing leaves other important things undone.

Like overRhuling the QB position. Matt Corral is your QB now. 

Captain Phillips GIF

Stop with all the rejects and show this man the love and appreciation he deserves. The draft was stupid, a year ago Matt Corral was projected QB1 for all the right reasons, not like the Pickett/Willis hype.

He knows it. You know it. You got a bargain, yes, you were lucky but don't treat this gift horse like a donkey. He's worth it, put some sugar on that man's contract and give him the damn job! There is no better option for the future on this roster or in free agency. We know it. You know it. His agent knows it. Stop overthinking, overdoing, give Matt Corral the damn ball and LET'S GO!

What about Carson Strong??

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Salty this morning? The Falcons once had a double digit lead in the Super Bowl too. That's what happens when you take your foot off the gas and expect your defense to do all the lifting. But they have had some very good talent on those rosters over the years that should have been enough to get them over the hump.

Salty? The tone was curiousity of which 2 super bowls you felt the 49ers should have won. Apologies if you took it as an insult.

Edited by TheCasillas

Every QB is different. You can't make rash decisions when it comes to starting a rookie QB.

Some QB's enter a league in a good environment and have enough talent to start immediately make their teams playoff contenders or participants (Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Russel Wilson, Andrew Luck, and Dan Marino are examples).

Other achieved success in a the league and ultimately ended up in the Hall of Fame put had miserable/lackluster 1st seasons (Bradshaw, Aikman, Elway, P. Manning).

Some players just need to sit and hold the clipboard for year before their given control of the team. The two most successful QB...in terms of SB wins...since 1981 sat their rookie seasons (Montana and Brady).

If a kid understands the playbook, can make the throws, and has a solid line blocking for him I think its ok to start him, especially if he's better than the other QB's on the roster. But, under no circumstances should you throw him out there if he isn't ready. We've all seen QB's fail in the league because the coaches threw them on the field to soon. Personally, I think Darnold should have set a year with the Jets. I think he would have been better prepared to play QB at the professional level if he had.

• Pie 1

As a fan I want to see Corral. That said- I'm not sure if its the best move. His offense at Ole Miss (if I understand it and what Macadoo is installing somewhat correctly) seemed a lot different and less complicated (from all the talk) than what we will have. I really like the idea of letting the players compete for the job and seeing who wins the job. Like I said before though- It really worries me who makes that decision especially since there won't be a lot of live bullets in camp until the preseason. I think its safe to say Darnold plays a lot better without the live bullets.

• Pie 1