• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral

Martin

11 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

We’re working on red zone drills?!  Teddy Bridgewater just felt a chill go down his spine. 

in all seriousness, it’s great seeing Corral show promise already.  Over in FalconWorld their shiny new drafted QB is a statue and is struggling with throwing on the run.  You love to see it.  Also glad to see Tremble getting more targets.  We’re not as far off as people think 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

they lost the Super Bowl in 2020 due to the defense crumbling in the 4th quarter. 49ers had a double digit lead heading into the 4th qtr.

Also, what other super bowls should they have won? They  have only 2 winning seasons under Shanahan.....

The defense held a nasty Chiefs offense to 10 points and forced two picks in the first 3 quarters. They can only do so much...And yet the Niners were running the ball for 6 yards a carry, and had the ball with under two minutes to go at midfield....and then Jimmy "the winner" did this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phDx7XSSD9g

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

The defense held a nasty Chiefs offense to 10 points and forced two picks in the first 3 quarters. They can only do so much...And yet the Niners were running the ball for 6 yards a carry, and had the ball with under two minutes to go at midfield....and then Jimmy "the winner" did this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phDx7XSSD9g

wait... so the defense gets sympathy but a QB missing a throw gets chastised? Jimmy G or not... this is just a weird philisophy of thinking. Basically the same thing that happened on D, happened on O. They both just stopped clicking in the 4th quarter oro the chiefs figured them out. 

11 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

We’re working on red zone drills?!  Teddy Bridgewater just felt a chill go down his spine. 

in all seriousness, it’s great seeing Corral show promise already.  Over in FalconWorld their shiny new drafted QB is a statue and is struggling with throwing on the run.  You love to see it.  Also glad to see Tremble getting more targets.  We’re not as far off as people think 

I thought I just saw a headline of Coach Smith saying Ridder was light years ahead of the other QBs in the draft. 

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

wait... so the defense gets sympathy but a QB missing a throw gets chastised? Jimmy G or not... this is just a weird philisophy of thinking. Basically the same thing that happened on D, happened on O. They both just stopped clicking in the 4th quarter oro the chiefs figured them out. 

Oh that wasn't the only bad throw/bad decision, here's 3 more that killed drives that could have kept the defense off the field. Your claim was that it was the defense that lost the game - I say it never comes to that if Jimmy was a better QB. 

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Salty? The tone was curiousity of which 2 super bowls you felt the 49ers should have won. Apologies if you took it as an insult.

No need for apologies it just made me chuckle. I was unaware the subject of the 49ers and Jimmy G were such a contentious subject for people. But he has some fans here from the looks of it lol.

Edited by frankw

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

No need for apologies it just made me chuckle. I was unaware the subject of the 49ers and Jimmy G were such a contentious subject for people. But he has some fans here from the looks of it lol.

The face that the Niners won any playoff games with as terrible as he played in the 2021 playoffs shows you how good of a team he was on.  

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

I thought I just saw a headline of Coach Smith saying Ridder was light years ahead of the other QBs in the draft. 

Don’t take this away from me

edit- all the things I’ve read have been talking about his mobility (or lack thereof) being notable, but he could be killing it from the pocket

Edited by PandaMan
  • Pie 1

I will say this: I think the decision to start a rookie QB has to be based on his demonstrated ability in preseason and the team around him.  Don't throw him to the wolves, and for most young QBs, that probably means sitting for a bit.

That said, I trust McAdoo to evaluate Corral's ability to step in on week 1, and to tweak his offense around what he does well or needs work on a lot more than Rhule or trusted Brady to do the same. 

• Pie 2

58 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

It's hard to shut down a potent offense for 4 quarters at the NFL level. The rules favor the passing game, Defenses get fatigued, and as you pointed out sometimes the offenses are able to make adjustments after 3 quarters of play.

Seattle had a 10 point lead against the Pats before they let Brady throw two TD's down the stretch to pull things out for the team.

NE dominated St. Louis defensively for 3 quarters in their first SB win, but they had no answers for the Rams offense in the 4th quarter; which is why that game almost went to overtime before the Vinitari FG iced the game.

The Atlanta pass rush was gassed in the 4th quarter when Brady rallied the team from the 28-3 deficit.

If you're not getting a strong pass rush all game long and the DB's can't keep up with the receivers then no lead under 20 points is safe in the 4th quarter...especially if the offense begins to bog down.

• Pie 2

As much as I Love Corral, he should NOT start until he has a firm grasp on calling the plays,  reading the defense, being able to manage the time from snap to whistle, and whistle to snap. 

If we start him before then, it will be a wasted effort, there isn't a single argument that can convince me otherwise. 

Plus, it would be nice for the oline to have at least 6 weeks of regular season play to allow them to gel. 

There is no reason to rush it, and make it all trash, other than the ignorant reason to run Rhule out of town. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Im not protecting Jimmy G.... if anything my subtle point is that Shanahan is overrated.... 

• Beer 1