• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Pat McAfee show

Shocker

1 hour ago, Cam's New Arm said:

You're throwing out the baby with the bath water.

There is more fair journalism being done on YouTube than just about any nationally syndicated publication or platform. YouTube is just one example of a platform which allows millions of stories to be told which might have otherwise been stifled. 

All You're really telling us is that you lack the faculties to properly seek out the truth.

I had more to say but that pretty much sums it up.

I get the entertainment side and that is fine, it's entertainment which is purely preference. 

The baby and the bath water saying comes from when a family used to share a bath so when they got down to washing the baby last the water was so dirty they had to remind themselves not to throw the baby out with the filth, great analogy and in this case because I can't tell the difference nor do I care because that baby isn't worth saving from anything I have witnessed from it. Just this year the platform has ramped up efforts to deal with the misinformation that is rampant there. 

Do what you want but that is not an uncommon view of that platform. 

5 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

Ahh I see. Difference being though, I don't care one way or the other about McAfee but some seem pretty butt hurt that he is winning in life and I think it's kind of funny. I don't know enough about him to understand much and maybe I wont like the show either when I watch it but still don't change the fact that Pat lives rent free in a couple people's heads in here. Call it sucking ole' Patty off if you like but I know the truth hurts a few.

It just seemed like a fairly unnecessary dick ride of the guy. He doesn't bother me personally. He's just a Jim Rome rip off for the most part, IMO. Maybe some Stephen A. Smith/Skip Bayless whipped in.

He is pretty far from original. Fairly cookie cutter, IMO. I don't see why people really like him over the 25 other different versions of him on the national sports talk guys.

• Flames 1

18 hours ago, Waldo said:

Just this year the platform has ramped up efforts to deal with the misinformation that is rampant there.

I hate to be all tin foil hat on you but uh.. that's how propaganda campaigns are ran.  Once again, I'm sorry you prefer to hear only the story they give you rather than you searching for more precise truths.

This all started with net neutrality ending and then the Las Vegas shooting resulting directly in the media controlling the narrative from there. I'm not getting into that specifically, though, we can. It was just a catalyst.

I bet you don't even ponder the last ice age.

Edited by Cam's New Arm

21 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hell, I don't blame McAfee. Hence why I said good for him and mocked his listeners. 

I honestly had no idea there were so many grown ass man tank top wearers feeling the need to stan for Pat McAfee.

See that's the funny thing with some people. You cant call someone out for being a jealous little twit without them saying anyone who does must wear a tank top and fist pump in a club somewhere too. I think its funny some hate him so much because he wins more in life than they do that's all! Don't like it...? Go collect more personal wins then. Hell, he must be winning as he has a thread full of middle aged tubby guys talking about him on a message board while he lives it up. Go Figure!

happy american horror story GIF

17 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

It just seemed like a fairly unnecessary dick ride of the guy. He doesn't bother me personally. He's just a Jim Rome rip off for the most part, IMO. Maybe some Stephen A. Smith/Skip Bayless whipped in.

He is pretty far from original. Fairly cookie cutter, IMO. I don't see why people really like him over the 25 other different versions of him on the national sports talk guys.

Well ive seen him interviewed and I guess he is considered to have some charisma even if it is the charisma of a college frat guy. Im guessing his shows are much the same way of his public personality. I mean, the dude does wrestling commentary. Those guys are all over the top sop of course he will be on a show of his as well. He is a a Gronk without the muscle and a little more college frat humor thrown in at least what society sees. I'm willing to bet the guy is nothing like that in private and probably as boring as can be. Hell, you pay me what he makes and I will act any way you like then laugh at everyone hating me as I back my car up to the bank to deposit all my dollars.

22 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

See that's the funny thing with some people. You cant call someone out for being a jealous little twit without them saying anyone who does must wear a tank top and fist pump in a club somewhere too. I think its funny some hate him so much because he wins more in life than they do that's all! Don't like it...? Go collect more personal wins then. Hell, he must be winning as he has a thread full of middle aged tubby guys talking about him on a message board while he lives it up. Go Figure!

happy american horror story GIF

For someone who supposedly doesn't care you sure are stanning awfully hard. 😂

Good for McAfee. Make that money. Mouth breathers count in the ratings to sell to advertisers just the same.

• Beer 1

55 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Well ive seen him interviewed and I guess he is considered to have some charisma even if it is the charisma of a college frat guy. Im guessing his shows are much the same way of his public personality. I mean, the dude does wrestling commentary. Those guys are all over the top sop of course he will be on a show of his as well. He is a a Gronk without the muscle and a little more college frat humor thrown in at least what society sees. I'm willing to bet the guy is nothing like that in private and probably as boring as can be. Hell, you pay me what he makes and I will act any way you like then laugh at everyone hating me as I back my car up to the bank to deposit all my dollars.

Yeah, he's pretty generic in that regard. Product of the modern age.

On 6/17/2022 at 6:58 PM, Cam's New Arm said:

You're throwing out the baby with the bath water.

There is more fair journalism being done on YouTube than just about any nationally syndicated publication or platform. YouTube is just one example of a platform which allows millions of stories to be told which might have otherwise been stifled. 

All You're really telling us is that you lack the faculties to properly seek out the truth.

I had more to say but that pretty much sums it up.

YouTube and journalism do not belong in the same sentence. There are so many grifters happy to contribute to the fall of civilization so long as they can con gullible angry people who need someone or something to blame into funneling them money.