• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The only rational for Mayfield

Jmac

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Corral getting significant playing time is the only real answer. But I don't trust this staff to handle it properly. Not after that 2 QB system nonsense last year. If they're going to play him then give him a real shot not late in a game after Sam Darnold has been turning the ball over and playing like crap for three quarters.

Well Rhule is an idiot and the majority of his staff last season were his buddies who would not dare defy him. 

I hope with our new additions we dont see any of that nonsense. 

43 minutes ago, frankw said:

I Dont Think So Dragon Ball GIF by TOEI Animation UK

spacer.png

44 minutes ago, frankw said:

I Dont Think So Dragon Ball GIF by TOEI Animation UK

spacer.png

You can’t cherry pick what I said all you want but the point is neither Sam nor Baker are the long term answer. So why trade for someone you intend to replace in the next year or so? Might as well let Sam trot out there until Corral is ready because he could be the long term answer and we need to find out if he can be before next years draft. Baker makes no sense.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

8 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

Baker isnt close to a top 10 QB.

You have to name off guys like Kirk Cousins and Tannehill before thinking about Baker and they are a good ways down the list. 

He was in 2020, but nice debate technic to bash on a detail instead of the discussed point.

Answer this instead, do we will more or less games with Baker than Sam/Corral?

9 hours ago, Thorrez said:

He was in 2020, but nice debate technic to bash on a detail instead of the discussed point.

Answer this instead, do we will more or less games with Baker than Sam/Corral?

We probably win about the same amount of games with Baker or Sam, Baker might add 1 or 2 wins, which is not worth it. No idea on Corral, never seen him play a down in the NFL. 

Baker is not some great QB, he might be better than Sam but it is not by much.  He wasnt even top 10 in 2020, he was borderline top 15. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

... neither Sam nor Baker are the long term answer. So why trade for someone you intend to replace in the next year or so? Might as well let Sam trot out there until Corral is ready because he could be the long term answer and we need to find out if he can be before next years draft. Baker makes no sense.

This.

19 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

Cousins has consistently put up better numbers than Baker, if he is above average at best, what does that make Baker? 

The dude is a throwaway just liked Teddy B and Darnold.

I don't want us to trade for Mayfield unless we do a straight swap for Darnold.  Which apparently won't happen.  

That being said, Mayfield has played four seasons and Cousins has played 10.  So a fair comparison is their early years.  And Cousins was pretty bad his first three or four years.  In his first three seasons, Cousins had twice as many interceptions as starts (19 vs 9).  His interception percentage was higher than Mayfield or Darnold.  He did get better as time went along, and its a valid point that Cousins got better once he became the regular starter, but if you compare the early years, Mayfield seems to be slightly better, but Cousins would be better now.  Of course, I really don't want either one of them.  

"rational" = Adjective

"rationale" = Noun

I tried to not say anything for as long as I could but kept seeing this thread title on first page.  It hurts my senses.  Sorry for grammar-nazi intrusion into a thread that boils down to, "how the fug do I root for Baker Mayfield?".

• Beer 1

If the Panthers can somehow get the Browns to pay Bakers contract. I don't see the issue with having Baker, Sam and Corral . As far as Baker and Sam go, its a competition and it will bring out the best in one of them, Neither of these guys have had to fight for a starting spot. You just can't pay Baker a bunch to do it. That is the only issue.  If Corral is it, his talent will shine out ala Russell Wilson.