• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson's people expecting a full season suspension

Mr. Scot

On 6/18/2022 at 6:03 PM, Tbe said:

Between the way Cam was let go, Rhule’s hiring + contract, Darnold, the Rockhill mess, and Watson Tepper has been chasing every bullet he can find.

I feel like in some areas at least, the guys in charge have made solid decisions.  Not spectular, but solid. 

But when it comes to quarterback, our decisions have gotten progressively worse.  Signing Bridgewater and releasing Cam, trading for Darnold, and then trying to trade for Watson and all of his legal issues.  I am so glad that we were accidentally saved from making what would have been one of the worst decisions in franchise history. 

11 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Settlement = guilty

Talk about an expensive old fashioned 

Plaintiffs attorney shouting from the rooftops while Watson's attorney "declined comment" doesn't exactly paint a picture of victory for Watson's side.

Watson swore he'd fight till the end. Guess not.

• Beer 2

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Plaintiffs attorney shouting from the rooftops while Watson's attorney "declined comment" doesn't exactly paint a picture of victory for Watson's side.

Good thing he just came into $250 million.  He's gonna need it.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

After a while, people in these situations always end up just wanting it to go away. 

Wonder if that report/rumor of the initial offer of 100k per turning into a million per case actually turned out to be true. I cant imagine that ever becoming public. 

Buzbee taking a victory lap right now with that presser. 

How many women filed police reports? Any chance they're the last 4? I don't remember off the top of my head. 

Browns were expecting this. It's why they restructured this year's salary to reduce the amount of money he'd lose on a suspension down to nickels and dimes. 

Hope they rightfully get dragged for that once the suspension comes to a head. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Settlement = guilty

Talk about an expensive old fashioned 

Sometimes.  Sometimes the company I work for "settles" because it's the cheapest most efficient way to move on from the issue at hand.  Do you want to spend more money/time in court to just pay out and move on.  I wouldn't say the "settle" parts makes him guilty as much as the 24 different women with similar stories does.  

• Beer 2

49 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Sometimes.  Sometimes the company I work for "settles" because it's the cheapest most efficient way to move on from the issue at hand.  Do you want to spend more money/time in court to just pay out and move on.  I wouldn't say the "settle" parts makes him guilty as much as the 24 different women with similar stories does.  

It was actually up to 26 as far as lawsuits (some may still be in process) with reports of more possibly on the way.

There were also two women who filed criminal charges but not lawsuits and I think three others who told their stories without doing either.

All that plus the New York Times story with reports of up to 66 different massage therapists and...yeah 😕

Settlement or not, I'd say the general public consensus (among non Browns fans at least) is that he's guilty.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

I hope the last 4 drag it out for the guy and cash out a hell of a lot more than 1 mil they were reporting after his new contract, he deserves it. 

Those 4 definitely have extra leverage now and will extract more 💰💴👊.

The other problem faces is how many of the other 40+ who haven't stepped up so far might now think "hmm he whipped it out on me too, think I'll get in line to collect my fair share" 🧐...

...this is still a long way from being over.  

Remember when everyone thought it was completely inappropriate for Jerry Richardson to be allowed to "hide" behind NDA's... 😉🤣