• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson's people expecting a full season suspension

Mr. Scot

26 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Indefinite would be an interesting twist.

I still personally believe it will be only a season. 

I makes sense. They did something similar with Myles Garrett. He was suspected the rest of the year and indefinitely pending the following year. 

• Beer 1

22 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Indefinite would be an interesting twist.

I still personally believe it will be only a season. 

That would never hold up in Court. They cannot leave a punishment "open ended" and if they did, lawsuits would be filed by both Watson and the NFLPA. There are structures for suspensions and I doubt any of them say "12 games, but we will play the rest by ear". Leaving is open ended incentivizes new allegations that may not necessarily be true, either. I know false accusations occur rarely but if there was a case that would get them, it would be this. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

That would never hold up in Court. They cannot leave a punishment "open ended" and if they did, lawsuits would be filed by both Watson and the NFLPA. There are structures for suspensions and I doubt any of them say "12 games, but we will play the rest by ear". Leaving is open ended incentivizes new allegations that may not necessarily be true, either. I know false accusations occur rarely but if there was a case that would get them, it would be this. 

Maybe the rules are different now but it has certainly happened in the past...

A289D509-D6C1-44EB-AAE2-F09DF7FA1475.jpeg