• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sheena Quick on Baker Mayfield to Panthers trade

TheSpecialJuan

4 minutes ago, Verge said:

I do think Baker is more likely. It really is a fluid situation as I understand it.

I just don't want any part of Jimmy G. Baker probably won't work out either but at least he is young and has real talent and two years ago looked like an up and coming legit QB. There's a chance he would work out.

Jimmy G... there's just nothing there. The only way I would want him is if we're very sold on Corral being the long-term answer and value Jimmy G as a veteran mentor and placeholder. The question is what is that worth on trade compensation and cap hit?

6 minutes ago, Verge said:

I do think Baker is more likely. It really is a fluid situation as I understand it.

I’d prefer Baker because the Browns were awful when he first arrived and he still played decent. I think there is a small chance he can be a franchise guy vs Jimmy who has reached his ceiling. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just don't want any part of Jimmy G. Baker probably won't work out either but at least he is young and has real talent and two years ago looked like an up and coming legit QB. There's a chance he would work out.

Jimmy G... there's just nothing there. The only way I would want him is if we're very sold on Corral being the long-term answer and value Jimmy G as a veteran mentor and placeholder. The question is what is that worth on trade compensation and cap hit?

It's kind of an "oh poo I am on the hot seat" moment for Matt Rhule, he knows there is no way he can roll into 2022 with Sam, Cam, or a rookie and keep his job. It is poorly timed adjustment for years of QB negligence. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

Seems a rookie is his best bet for job security not worst.

Invest in any of the vets they better have a playoff season. With Corall all they have to do is show some potential.

Unless the word is win more games this year or else. Three straight years of 5 or less win seasons for a coach who hasn’t had any success in the NFL should get him fired. If Corral flashes I could see them wanting to get an offensive coach to fully develop him. The Chargers fired their coach after Herbert showed potential and the Browns did the same with Jackson/Kitchen and Baker. 

• Beer 1

Just now, onmyown said:

Lol…

Well Quick is possibly the worst…whatever you want to call her. She’s been wrong consistently.

But the Huddle doesn't get it.

Tomorrows episode: "Verge" predicts Tom Brady to Carolina.....(Face/Palm}

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, Verge said:

It's kind of an "oh poo I am on the hot seat" moment for Matt Rhule, he knows there is no way he can roll into 2022 with Sam, Cam, or a rookie and keep his job. It is poorly timed adjustment for years of QB negligence. 

Is he really on the hot seat though? I mean I get coach/owner speak and most NFL teams and history are set on 3 years, and can only hope that’s all it is when Tepper starts talking about his Rome/Jay-Z/5 year/7 year ‘analytics’, but I got to say there is a more than comfortable part of me that thinks Tepper just may be that stupid…mainly based on observation.