• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much would you trade for Baker for 1 year rental?

Cam's New Arm

@stbugs

Adding on to my post above.  Well, I guess he wouldn’t be an actual coaching unicorn if he stayed employed after 3 straight 5 win (or less seasons) in a row.   I couldn’t think of anyone but I find one.  Had to go to the early 90s.  David Shula with the Bengals went 5, 3, 3 to open his first 3 seasons in Cincy. 

still think in today’s climate that is a tough sell  that a HC can stay employed if they were to only win 5 games for 3 straight years.  

it’s rare but not unheard of 

3 hours ago, CRA said:

@stbugs

Adding on to my post above.  Well, I guess he wouldn’t be an actual coaching unicorn if he stayed employed after 3 straight 5 win (or less seasons) in a row.   I couldn’t think of anyone but I find one.  Had to go to the early 90s.  David Shula with the Bengals went 5, 3, 3 to open his first 3 seasons in Cincy. 

still think in today’s climate that is a tough sell  that a HC can stay employed if they were to only win 5 games for 3 straight years.  

it’s rare but not unheard of 

You are talking about a Shula.  There is no Rhule coaching legacy.  Granted, Shula's sons never turned out to be like their dad but, they didn't know that in the 90's.

10 hours ago, CRA said:

5 wins, 5 wins, 5 wins….

I don’t see how he can stay employed with that.   That’s making Matt Rhule a coaching unicorn.  I mean saying Rhule gets fired because of THAT isn’t some  Rhule hate stance.  If he doesn’t Rhule basically would stand alone in NFL history. 

plus there is the entire stadium, fan, element to it all.   BoA pretty much was done with Rhule by midseason last year.  Hence the Cam PR move.  Which worked.  That saved Rhule’s job. There is no move this upcoming year in the back pocket for Tepper.  Even if Corral impresses the stadium in Charlotte isn’t going to be okay with what would be the 4th straight season under Tepper with 5 or less wins. Rhule has to win more games.   Team has to improve.  Wins are the only real way that shows. 

And I pretty much believe the general reporting.   It’s often in the ballpark when it comes to legit reporters.  Tepper isn’t happy.  The contract to Rhule is something he is embarrassed by.   Rhule won’t be sad to leave either when it all ends. And Tepper is already thinking about new coaches in the back of his mind if this is it for Rhule.  All of that has been reported on. 

What does Rhule have to do with Rivera's 5 win season? Why is that included in your post?

• Flames 1

8 hours ago, Luciu5 said:

What does Rhule have to do with Rivera's 5 win season? Why is that included in your post?

still relevent in terms of the fanbase, stadium atmosphere, etc.  

As I mentioned, Matt Rhule was practically getting booed out of the stadium at the half way mark last season.  Tepper had to go sign Cam to fix that.  That was a one time rare get out of jail free card he played. 

So yeah, Tepper going 5 wins, 5 wins, 5 wins, and then looking to pull it off a 4th year in a row has spill over onto Rhule.  Fair or unfair.  Lack of winning has carry over. 

So if Rhule looks to be on pace for a 3rd disappointing season....fans are going to come at him sooner than last year.  And Tepper's disappointing tenure fair or unfair has some bleed over in terms of how miserable fans feel and will respond.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1