• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much would you trade for Baker for 1 year rental?

Cam's New Arm

41 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I am not sure Baker gives us the best chance to win now.  His 2021 play paralleled Darnold's.  Darnold has been sharp and determined in camp (I know--the bullets aren't flying yet).  And Corral is on deck.  Baker gives Corral little to no hope of seeing the field in 2022--so if he does not play, how do we evaluate him entering the 2023 draft?  In my opinion, you do not build by bringing in rentals that bury your developmental players.

I see your argument, but Mayfield had a better year than Darnold by quite a bit, all while being injured for a majority of the year. I’d get Mayfield and dump Darnold. Let MC develop behind Mayfield. Mayfield has actually seen success in the NFL. Darnold hasn’t. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Wolfcop said:

I see your argument, but Mayfield had a better year than Darnold by quite a bit, all while being injured for a majority of the year. I’d get Mayfield and dump Darnold. Let MC develop behind Mayfield. Mayfield has actually seen success in the NFL. Darnold hasn’t. 

And?

• Beer 1

A 3rd and 4th would be worth the cost to eat his cap and the eat Sam's after we cut him. 2nd sounds fair. Not even sure a straight up swap with Sam is really good enough. I don't care about either of those turds. The only QB I am interested in seeing play next year is Corral.

• Beer 1

How many moronic Baker threads can be made here?

How about

"Will Bakers eyes match the away uniforms better than the home"

"What commercials do you think Baker would make if he comes to Charlotte"

"Will he and wife go on vacays with CMC and his hot GF"

How long can this summer be?

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Sink or swim with Darnold. 

And that's the exact reason we are looking at Mayfield.  Despite Rhule's coachspeak on riding with Darnold, I don't think he's 100% sold on Tepper keeping his word about seeing this through until at least year five.  Rhule knows he needs a winning season and Darnold most likely can't deliver that.  Baker most likely will.

Edited by 45catfan

2 minutes ago, stirs said:

How many moronic Baker threads can be made here?

How about

"Will Bakers eyes match the away uniforms better than the home"

"What commercials do you think Baker would make if he comes to Charlotte"

"Will he and wife go on vacays with CMC and his hot GF"

How long can this summer be?

These next four weeks are going to be brutal.  I doubt we make it out of this week before a "new uniforms" thread pops up.  That's when you know it's officially summer.

I got us with 6 wins with Darnold and 9 wins with Baker.  Wins (either QB): Browns (minus Watson), Giants, Saints (home), Falcons (home), Seattle and Detroit.  Wins that Baker gives us over Darnold:  *49ers, Falcons (road) and Saints (road).

* A healthy Jimmy G isn't starting.

Now, one can question 'are those extra wins worth it for a one-year rental?'  For Matt Rhule, the answer is abso-freaking-lutley.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1