• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How prepared are you for another hilariously miserable season?

hepcat

7 minutes ago, hepcat said:

So how prepared are you as a Panthers fan for another miserable 5 win season? 

I’d say I’m a pretty jaded fan these days, maybe more than the casual fan. I haven’t been positive about this team since Matt Rhule was hired, I’ll admit that.

I’m 100% expecting another terrible season and totally prepared. I have no intentions of going to a game and I already have plans on a few Sundays this fall, something I would never do in the past. I’d prioritize watching the Panthers. 

To me, unless Matt Corral surprises everyone and turns out to be a viable starting QB, the offense is going no where. The defense is still going to have issues stopping the run. It just seems like a year where the wheels completely come off and the season ends much like 2019 did with a team that doesn’t even field a team that wants to be there by the end of the season. 

But that’s just me. I think this time next year we’re all talking about a highly drafted rookie QB and a new coaching staff and I’ll be a lot less negative (hopefully)

Didn't you hear? This is a 7 year plan. Keep your head up!

• Pie 4
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1

I am prepared. Once we retained Rhule, I suspected it was going to be a bad run.

If we start Corral or trade for Baker/Jimmy G, I will at least have some good reasons to watch, even with low expectations. But if they trot out Darnold again....my interest in watching is going to be pretty low.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

I see and feel a much different team vibe. I really believe this team can win some games (8, 9, maybe even 10). My hope is they make the playoffs but they're not ready to compete for the SB. They did better than expected in FA and the draft and even more importantly, they brought in good coaches. I am optimistic but it's better than already being down before anything happens. 

Edited by musicman
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am prepared. Once we retained Rhule, I suspected it was going to be a bad run.

If we start Corral or trade for Baker/Jimmy G, I will at least have some good reasons to watch, even with low expectations. But if they trot out Darnold again....my interest in watching is going to be pretty low.

If we were a smart franchise we would be creating an offense around Corral to go from day 1.  Start small and work him into a larger part as the season goes on.  This would A) create a bit of much needed fan excitement  B) will show us if corral has even the slightest ability to be a NFL qb and C) would give Rhule some breathing room if corral does show promise and they win a few games they shouldnt with him.

But yeah you probably stopped reading at "If we were a smart franchise........."

Giving up capital for a 1 year baker rental may be one of the dumbest things this team has done in a while.

Very. It seems inevitable. It will seem inevitable for as long as Rhule is here. I'm starting to think that may be the case for Tepper as well. He's gonna have to accept reality and hire competent football people and let them do their jobs or we're going to be a perennial bottom feeder. 

He just needs to be honest with himself. Would he hire Bill Belichick and Tom Brady to run a hedge fund? Brilliance and unparalleled success in one field doesn't necessarily translate to another and he's finding that out the hard way.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

I want to be surprised this year by the team being incredibly good. I really want to see it.

I just look at the coaching and see a team that's just spinning its wheels, stuck in the mud, and completely unable to compete against decent teams. 

I'd love to see 11 wins, but I'm afraid we might have just three.

• Pie 2