• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How prepared are you for another hilariously miserable season?

hepcat

30 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If we were a smart franchise we would be creating an offense around Corral to go from day 1.  Start small and work him into a larger part as the season goes on.  This would A) create a bit of much needed fan excitement  B) will show us if corral has even the slightest ability to be a NFL qb and C) would give Rhule some breathing room if corral does show promise and they win a few games they shouldnt with him.

But yeah you probably stopped reading at "If we were a smart franchise........."

Giving up capital for a 1 year baker rental may be one of the dumbest things this team has done in a while.

Unless it is significant capital, trading for Baker wouldn't even be one of the top 10 dumbest things we have done under the Rhule era. 

Might want to review Dumb History of the Panthers under Rhule. It's a long list.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I want to be surprised this year by the team being incredibly good. I really want to see it.

I just look at the coaching and see a team that's just spinning its wheels, stuck in the mud, and completely unable to compete against decent teams. 

I'd love to see 11 wins, but I'm afraid we might have just three.

I think 3-6 wins is what I would expect for another Darnold led team. Corral could add a couple or could not be able to win any, TBD. Baker or Jimmy G could get us to 8-9 wins in absolutely ideal conditions. Those ideal conditions are unlikely to materialize, unfortunately.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

Been through plenty of losing that's sports in this market eventually you learn to laugh at it. Best approach is no expectations. But there will be plenty of bitching in the coming months and then there will be the bitching about said bitching and the cycle continues.

• Beer 3

29 minutes ago, frankw said:

Been through plenty of losing that's sports in this market eventually you learn to laugh at it. Best approach is no expectations. But there will be plenty of bitching in the coming months and then there will be the bitching about said bitching and the cycle continues.

Winning cures all. How much bitching was there in 2015 in here(pre-Super Bowl)? Waaaaaay less. 

• Beer 3

I'm more intrigued this year than last, in spite of Rhule. He hasn't inspired a bit of confidence since beating the Lions two and a half years ago. His debacle the next week hasn't let up since then, but having a promising rookie QB on board and if not a better OL, a retooled OL, adds to some intrigue. Extending DJ was probably the best move of the offseason in addition to the two aforementioned decisions. 

Expecting the Panthers to ever win more than five games in a year is an unreasonable pipe dream, but there's at least a new cast this season as opposed to 2021.

• Beer 2

I'm going to enjoy the laughs all the way. I don't think there is any chance we win more than 7 games but that's fine with me. Bad teams usually pick high and have talent on the roster but don't win regardless. That is us since Tepper showed up.

I was incredibly dubious of Rhule once I heard him speak after we hired him. I cheered anyways but those times died after they traded for Sam. Well what sounded full of poop turned out to be 100% full of poop. If you can't win then watching bad things happen to bad people is good enough for now. It's not what I wanted but it is not uncommon with a new owner in the NFL sadly.

So let the laughs begin and may the tears of the unbelievers taste refreshing because it's not like we have another realistic option. Rinse and repeat.

The Office Reaction GIF by NETFLIX

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

21 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

fug me you miserable sods could suck the life out of any room.

Yup.

We're going to upset some teams this year.  We were better than our record last year due to injuries.  When Horn, CMC and the OL stay healthier than last year, we are going to surprise some teams.

26 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I'm going to enjoy the laughs all the way. I don't think there is any chance we win more than 7 games but that's fine with me. Bad teams usually pick high and have talent on the roster but don't win regardless. That is us since Tepper showed up.

I was incredibly dubious of Rhule once I heard him speak after we hired him. I cheered anyways but those times died after they traded for Sam. Well what sounded full of poop turned out to be 100% full of poop. If you can't win then watching bad things happen to bad people is good enough for now. It's not what I wanted but it is not uncommon with a new owner in the NFL sadly.

So let the laughs begin and may the tears of the unbelievers taste refreshing because it's not like we have another realistic option. Rinse and repeat.

The Office Reaction GIF by NETFLIX

Yeah, I am prepped to do a lot more laughing than being pissed off this season. I hope the broadcast crews are liberal with their cuts to Tepper in the owners box when the Keystone Cops mode gets in full gear.

I want to see that fuger squirm at what he has created for us.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1