• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tannehill?

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Of course. So get his ass ready as fast as they can. In the meantime let Sam get his 3 wins at the start of the season and then throw the kid out there. I could stomach that.

That may be too quick, but I'm all for getting him out there as soon as he's ready, whether that's September or December. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, DamnItJake! said:

Oh lawd no!! He’s hardly any better than Darnold.. if we are getting another subpar QB, I would rather just stick with Darnold or throw Corral in there when Darnold has his meltdown!!

Tannehill is a legit decent QB. Darnold is a legit terrible QB. There's a big gap between the two.

Do I want to trade for Tannehill? No. That would probably take significant assets and I'm not for spending significant future assets on what is at this point a failed coaching regime.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tannehill is a legit decent QB. Darnold is a legit terrible QB. There's a big gap between the two.

Do I want to trade for Tannehill? No. That would probably take significant assets and I'm not for spending significant future assets on what is at this point a failed coaching regime.

I would rather go with Jimmy G then if we are gathering up QBs at least we will  possibly get to the NFC Championships.. just never been a Tannehill fan.. so a little biased.. doesn’t excite me.

7 hours ago, Kentucky Panther said:

Really no other point to be made. You nailed it. 

These gap QBs have been on 3 or 4 different teams for a reason.  The QB class next year is loaded. Roll with Darnold or see what Corral has and go from there. Either of those scenarios likely has us picking top 5 

Might be loaded.

It's anyone's guess as to how good they really are.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

39 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Might be loaded.

It's anyone's guess as to how good they really are.  

Not seeing all the hype people are automatically throwing at the next QB class. 194 pound Bryce Young, another Ohio State qb, then some other guys? Spencer Rattler was QB1 this time last year

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I think that article is just using an average QB to show our roster is actually pretty decent top to bottom except for QB.  If we add an average one like Tannehill we would be a solid team (in that writer's opinion).  I don't think there is any smoke there.

It’s difficult to gauge QB play behind, maybe the worst OL in Panthers history, especially the interior. Not even the GOAT, Tom Brady could’ve succeeded watching unblocked D-Linemen coming straight at you. 

12 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

It’s difficult to gauge QB play behind, maybe the worst OL in Panthers history, especially the interior. Not even the GOAT, Tom Brady could’ve succeeded watching unblocked D-Linemen coming straight at you. 

Although I agree with most of what you're saying in general, Brady would have shown much more than Darnold did... Darnold just processes too slowly it seems, as even when he had time he was abysmal. I do think those stats are misleading since he was clearly always expecting pressure, but if he had more he would have shown it by now...

9 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I didn't think so either.  I just read the article and found it funny that they'd tie him to us. 

Maybe he's trying to generate suggestions that the Titans will trade him away to let Willis play now.

It's the worst part of offseason.  Even the writers are grasping for things to write about. 

Willis isn't gonna be ready to play for a while, if he ever is. Tannehill is a far better QB even if he is a borderline game manager.

Like you said, idle speculation. I will say that I don't think Tannehill would have much more success(if any) here over Mayfield/Jimmy G. The gulf between those guys isn't especially large.

Edited by kungfoodude