• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vegas odds on which head coach gets fired first this season

Zod

3 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Wilks took a lot of leadership lessons under Ron and they have translated. Say what you want about Rivera but his presence was felt in the building in a positive way and Wilks follows that. Arizona royally fuged up firing Wilks and not firing Keim. Arians did what he does best and leaves when things are bad and left Steve with nothing in terms of roster and Keim makes Marty seem like a competent GM. Marty was just meh and unwise, Keim is a pompous child that put all the Arizona issues of Steve when he was mostly to blame.

In that draft video seeing Wilks welcome Ickey to the building, that was real poo. Not like ooh look at the shiny new toy stuff, like really happy for the guy even though he's on the other side of the ball. If anything Wilks should be giving the half time speeches asap. Can't imagine sitting in there listening to Rhule yap away about DBO's and brands with no actual game adjustments to offer

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

He literally created a staff this off-season that positions Tepper with the ability to get rid of Rhule and literally the entire Baylor entourage at any point in the season.    

in addition to that, there has been a complete change in language about the future vision and team building being via Scott.   Not to mention the general appearance of apower structure change from Rhule to the GM. 

People see what they want to see and connect dots where they want to connect dots. What I see is Tepper giving the man that he believes in a  mulligan. The organization is being set up the way it should've been set up from the beginning. And, as far as this seeming shift in power, like I've said in an earlier thread, all you really have to do is watch Panthers Confidential on the draft, and you will see that Rhule is still the man in charge. Fitterer was deferring to him. Sure, Rhule was giving Fitterer latitude and trusting Fitt's expertise, but he was still the man in charge. 

Edited by top dawg
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Outside of reducing Rhule's roster control and pushing for coaching changes, you mean?

Coaches and officials being talked up shortly before being fired is a long-standing tradition in the NFL.

Yup, he literally couldn't fire Rhule last season due to lack of actual qualified guys on the staff. Now he's got at least 3 that would probably be immediate improvements. I think he's set himself up to speed up Rhules NFL HC ability with a more experience staff, and if it's still not working he can cut bait. He obviously doesn't want to admit he picked the wrong HC but the short term sting to his pride he's gonna have to just deal with at some point. Not a good look to hide from the press for another 2 year period when he was all over the place dancing and hanging out at tailgates when he first arrived

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Outside of reducing Rhule's roster control and pushing for coaching changes, you mean?

Coaches and officials being talked up shortly before being fired is a long-standing tradition in the NFL.

And yet Rhule is still here. 

We needed changes. Everyone knew it, even Rhule. I haven't seen anyone but here talk about some mysterious power shift. Rhule knew what he had to do, and he did it. He was in over his head. He knew it. It's all a learning curve, and he did what he had to do. Now Tepper is much more comfortable with the staff. As a fan, I know that I am.

43 minutes ago, CRA said:

Tepper was point blank asked in that presser about Rhule’s job security and what this season meant in regards to it.  He refused to actually answer it.  It was like the 2nd or 3rd question.  He just rambled nothingness as a means to not actually address it. 

He did say he believed in Rhule . Same presser he said he believed Sam Darnold was a very good QB.   

I still think odds are the reporting on Tepper and his unhappiness and looking ahead to other coaches is legit smoke.  It’s multiple legit folks sniffing out the same type talk. What Tepper says to media is just that.  Sam is a very good QB. 

You seem certain Rhule is gone this season.  Wanna bet avatar for avatar that Rhule is still coach at the beginning of the 2023 season?

Edited by poundaway
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

People see what they want to see and connect dots where they want to connect dots. What I see is Tepper giving the man that he believes in a  mulligan. The organization is being set up the way it should've been set up from the beginning. And, as far as this seeming shift in power, like I've said in an earlier thread, all you really have to do is watch Panthers Confidential on the draft, and you will see that Rhule is still the man in charge. Fitterer was deferring to him. Sure, Rhule was giving Fitterer latitude and trusting Fitt's expertise, but he was still the man in charge. 

Panther Confidential is literally Panther PR.  

And it’s about the only thing you can point to for your current Rhule narrative IMO.  The rest IMO generally counters that.  

it was almost embarrassing post draft how Fitt went out of his way to throw a bone for Matt Rhule.  It was clear even the GM was able to read the room there.  Things have changed in Carolina.   Rhule basically disappeared completely until the draft.  Hard to argue IMO there hasn’t a been a shift in Carolina. 

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, CRA said:

name a coach who should have a hotter seat?  The Vegas line simply makes sense.  

The Vegas line makes sense from a macro view. 

As for a hotter seat, Rhule probably shouldn't even have a seat. He should've been gone.

Edited by top dawg

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Panther Confidential is literally Panther PR.  

And it’s about the only thing you can point to for your current Rhule narrative IMO.  The rest IMO generally counters that.  

it was almost embarrassing post draft how Fitt went out of his way to throw a bone for Matt Rhule.  It was clear even the GM was able to read the room there.  Things have changed in Carolina.   Rhule basically disappeared completely until the draft.  Hard to argue IMO there hasn’t a been a shift in Carolina. 

See things how you want to see them. Panthers Confidential is a production, yes, but I am talking about body language and deference. Unless you think that Tepper, Rhule, and Fitt are ready for the Academy Award, I don't think that you can be so dismissive of their actions.

It's not hard to argue that Rhule is still firmly in charge at all.

27 minutes ago, top dawg said:

And yet Rhule is still here. 

We needed changes. Everyone knew it, even Rhule. I haven't seen anyone but here talk about some mysterious power shift. Rhule knew what he had to do, and he did it. He was in over his head. He knew it. It's all a learning curve, and he did what he had to do. Now Tepper is much more comfortable with the staff. As a fan, I know that I am.

Maybe he knows Rhule isn’t the guy.  Which seems pretty clear.  

why is Rhule still here? Because maybe he wants the job to be attractive to the next HC and wants to put time into getting it right this time.   Tepper had a lot wrong when he first entered the league.  HC, practice facility, next stadium, etc.   And maybe someone good needs to be there.  Like when he got busted talking about Sean Payton.   But Tepper said that wasn’t true and Tepper doesn’t lie to the media.