• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vegas odds on which head coach gets fired first this season

Zod

9 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The problem is that "bad season" is relative. What we think is a season worthy of being fired is obviously not what Tepper thinks is a season worthy of being fired. 2021 should have taught everyone that. So, no, I'm not into wishful thinking or the hype train.

Matt Rhule is in way over his head as a pro coach, and he deserves to be fired.

David Tepper is also in way over his head as an NFL owner, and unfortunately he can't be fired.

That doesn't necessarily equate to Matt Rhule surviving another bad season under his watch, but having an owner who makes lousy decisions does unfortunately mean anything can happen.

The hope is that Tepper isn't dumb enough to continue keeping an underperforming Rhule around, but sadly he may indeed be just that stupid.

Edited by Mr. Scot

24 minutes ago, top dawg said:

No, I try and read between the lines and watch what people say and do. When 2+2=4, it doesn't equal 3.

You boast about body language in a Panther production and have no clue about Rhule’s demeanor when he emerged in front of the press with the GM.  I mean that’s selective intake of info and you are cherry picking the math. 

again, I at least can acknowledge different narratives can be presented.  I just put more weight in ones not controlled by the Panthers PR/media department.  That’s just me. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Matt Rhule is in way over his head as a pro coach, and he deserves to be fired.

David Tepper is also in way over his head as an NFL owner, and unfortunately he can't be fired.

That doesn't necessarily equate to Matt Rhule surviving another bad season under his watch, but having an owner who makes lousy decisions does unfortunately mean anything can happen.

The hope is that Tepper isn't dumb enough to continue keeping an underperforming Rhule around, but sadly he may indeed be just that stupid.

Well, this is a good take on things, IMO.   The NFL forced Tepper on us because they loved his money.  So far he is a disaster as an owner.  My guess...from an NFL perspective...they do not give a dam. Panthers are not an NFL priority. Tepper was dumb enough to keep Hurney around to learn from him so sadly  I have have very little faith in his NFL IQ.  NFL screwed us.  Tepper's ego will keep screwing us. Until Tepper admits he has no idea what he is doing and gives a competent NFL guy control, we will suck.  What are the odds of that happening???

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, CRA said:

You boast about body language in a Panther production and have no clue about Rhule’s demeanor when he emerged in front of the press with the GM.  I mean that’s selective intake of info and you are cherry picking the math. 

again, I at least can acknowledge different narratives can be presented.  I just put more weight in ones not controlled by the Panthers PR/media department.  That’s just me. 

That's what you're referring to? I didn't see anything from Rhule's demeanor than someone who had obviously let his GM take the lead, as he should have in that instance and done so all along as it pertains to personnel matters. Rhule basically admitted that his kids were taking a hit by stuff they'd been hearing, part of which was Rhule putting his foot in the mouth, so I'm sure that Tepper, the PR team, Fitt or someone, else along with Rhule, came up with a plan to take off some of the heat. This does not mean in any form or fashion that Rhule is no longer in charge. It just doesn't. Until we hear otherwise, the buck stops with Rhule, no matter if Huddlers want to accept it or not.

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, 4Corners said:

My money is on him resigning around thanksgiving to take a college job. 

McAdoo will be named intern HC and the panthers will go on a meaningless winning streak to knock themselves out of a top10 pick and show Tepper enough to make McAdoo the new permanent HC. Pretty much worst case scenario if Rhule is gone 

then the cycle will start over again in two years. 

I hate you for even speaking of this nightmare scenario 

12 hours ago, CRA said:

And totally dismiss the body language of Rhule emerging unedited from hiding like a scolded puppy dog that someone beat with a newspaper. 

He didn't look like scolded puppy.  He looked like someone who was pissed at the press.  You know, the press that had been ragging him since late last season.  The majority of questions were directed at Fit, and people here think Rhule was unusually silent. 

His contract has...NOT....changed.   Now, I agree that this crop of new coaches is a switch from the college hires he brought with him. The most likely scenario is he realized is that it obviously wasn't working, so he shifted gears trying to turn things around.  I'm sorry that hurt Joe Brady.  I know that hurt your feelings. It will be ok. 

The obsession with this Qanon theory that Rhule's role has been diminished is so childish, it fails to even be funny.   Only Rhule haters "read into the body language" to reach  the conclusion that Rhule must have his role diminished. 

If you're so certain Rhule will be gone, why don't you take my wager? The thread is about vegas odds, and they are in your favor.  I'll even change my avatar for 3 months.  You have to change yours for 1.  If you are so certain, why not bet?

Edited by poundaway