• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vegas odds on which head coach gets fired first this season

Zod

18 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Three!  Sorry I'm late. 

Naw I actually don't know one way or the other nor does anyone else.  I just think it's kind of silly and conspiratorial to point to something like your personal interpretation of someone's body language at a press conference as evidence that the power dynamic has shifted.  A bit flimsy IMO.  I would love the power dynamic to be shifted, but it's gonna take more than armchair body language psychology to convince me.

If the majority on the Huddle believe it, it must be true.  Besides, its on the internet so you know its good. /sarc

• Beer 2

21 minutes ago, poundaway said:

If the majority on the Huddle believe it, it must be true.  Besides, its on the internet so you know its good. /sarc

Oh gosh I almost forgot - I read a post on Facebook that said they actually had to go back and reshoot a couple scenes in the draft room for the Panthers Confidential because they thought Fitterer looked too tough compared to Rhule.  The director had to tell Fitterer to sulk his head a little more.  Also read that the sound people had to lower Fitterer's audio/increase Rhule's audio in post, in order to make him seem more assertive and commanding in the video.  Oh ALSO (from the same Facebook poster): they actually hired The Rock to step in as Rhule's body double in a couple scenes to make him look more alpha.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

That was quite generous of Tepper to force Rhule to overhaul his entire coaching staff except for his closest buddy Phil Snow!  But hold up, I once saw a press conference where David Tepper blinked in Morse Code: "Rhule is holding my daughter hostage.  PLEASE HELP".  And at that same press conference, Tepper's arm was bent at exactly an 85.1216 degree angle and if you replace each number with its corresponding letter(s) in the alphabet then you get the message "H-E-L-P".

This thread has big "I do my own research!" energy.

Defense wasn’t untouched.  They inserted a well liked former NFL HC/NFL DC into the Snow defense.    

let’s say you bring in a random player to Carolina or asked a current vet in Carolina who is the most league wide respected coach on the defensive side of the ball right now in Carolina? 

staff was constructed so the entire Baylor cast could walk together.  Make a top 5 list of current coaches in Carolina…..it’s a problem the Baylor cast “in charge” can’t crack it.  2022 Panthers are dysfunctional.   It will show pretty early.  Wasted year written all over it and everyone in house is going to know it. 

20 minutes ago, CRA said:

Defense wasn’t untouched.  They inserted a well liked former NFL HC/NFL DC into the Snow the defense.    

let’s say you bring in a random player to Carolina or asked a current vet in Carolina who is the most league wide respected coach on the defensive side of the ball right now in Carolina? 

staff was constructed so the entire Baylor cast could walk together.  Make a top 5 list of current coaches in Carolina…..it’s a problem the Baylor cast “in charge” can’t crack it.  2022 Panthers are dysfunctional.   It will show pretty early.  Wasted year written all over it and every in house is going to know it. 

And yet, Snow remains. 

If you're so certain 2022 is a "wasted year", why do you run away from a wager? 

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

Defense wasn’t untouched.  They inserted a well liked former NFL HC/NFL DC into the Snow the defense.    

staff was constructed so the entire Baylor cast could walk together.  Make a top 5 list of current coaches in Carolina…..it’s a problem the Baylor cast “in charge” can’t crack it.  2022 Panthers are dysfunctional.   It will show pretty early.  Wasted year written all over it and every in house is going to know it. 

So is your argument that Snow is some kind of puppet or figurehead but that Wilks is really going to be running the defense behind the scenes?  I'm just honestly very confused the further down this rabbit hole we go, which is a staple of conspiratorial thinking.  Why wouldn't Tepper force Rhule to fire Snow as well and force him to hire Wilks as the DC?  Hell, then we'd have another decent option in Wilks to fill in as interim head coach if Rhule gets fired mid-season.  It almost makes TOO much sense if Tepper is thinking ahead to life after Rhule. 

To summarize: you believe Tepper, the owner of the team, would rather leave the current DC in his position in hopes of basically indirectly neutering his authority by instilling a well-respected and experienced DC to shake things up and undermine Snow?  Instead of just firing Snow outright?  Yeah the 2022 Panthers will almost CERTAINLY be incredibly dysfunctional if the owner deliberately brought in Wilks to undermine Snow's authority.  That's almost the epitome of dysfunction and would be entirely on Tepper.

Also why would league wide respect be relevant?  I only care about who has the respect of the Carolina locker room.  Do you think Wilks is more respected than Snow among our current roster?

2 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

So is your argument that Snow is some kind of puppet or figurehead but that Wilks is really going to be running the defense behind the scenes?  I'm just honestly very confused the further down this rabbit hole we go, which is a staple of conspiratorial thinking.  Why wouldn't Tepper force Rhule to fire Snow as well and force him to hire Wilks as the DC?  Hell, then we'd have another decent option in Wilks to fill in as interim head coach if Rhule gets fired mid-season.  It almost makes TOO much sense if Tepper is thinking ahead to life after Rhule. 

To summarize: you believe Tepper, the owner of the team, would rather leave the current DC in his position in hopes of basically indirectly neutering his authority by instilling a well-respected and experienced DC to shake things up and undermine Snow?  Instead of just firing Snow outright?  Yeah the 2022 Panthers will almost CERTAINLY be incredibly dysfunctional if the owner deliberately brought in Wilks to undermine Snow's authority.  That's almost the epitome of dysfunction and would be entirely on Tepper.

Also why would league wide respect be relevant?  I only care about who has the respect of the Carolina locker room.  Do you think Wilks is more respected than Snow among our current roster?

lol, no.  My arguement is that the smoke we hear from multiple NFL sources is likely largely true.  Tepper is embarrased about the mess he got into with Rhule.  He isn't happy.  Rhule isn't happy.  Tepper is already looking ahead at the next chapter.  All that has been reported on by various legit folks. 

and Tepper created a staff this offseason that allows him to walk away from Rhule in season.  Which he did.  He added 2 former NFL HCs.  One on O and one D.  He also added a ST coach that assumed HC duties.   Make a list of the top 5 coaches in Carolina today.....and none of Rhule the Baylor folks "in charge" crack it.  You going to tell me it isn't a problem for an org when the boss isn't looked at as the boss by the people? 

Writing is on the wall.  Vegas sees it.  The collective NFL community sees it (they call it a clusterfug).  And most Panther fans see it.   Matt Rhule is a dead man walking and this is a wasted season.  It is what it is. 

• Flames 1

46 minutes ago, Varking said:

Is there a way to bet that he won't be? Because he absolutely won't be the first coach fired. That is easy money. 

who should have the best odds?

or just merely arguing taking the field is always the safest bet over any one person? 

32 minutes ago, CRA said:

Make a list of the top 5 coaches in Carolina today.....and none of Rhule the Baylor folks "in charge" crack it.  You going to tell me it isn't a problem for an org when the boss isn't looked at as the boss by the people? 

Oh ok well I guess I can pretty much accept everything you're saying except for this snippet above which I don't really understand.  Who are "the people" you're referring to?  Us?  Or the players?  I'm assuming you mean the players, in which case I don't understand how these two sentences logically follow.  They seem to be two entirely different unrelated points.  Is your second point/question suggesting Rhule has lost the locker room or that the players look at him unfavorably?  If so, what are you basing that off of?  Maybe I missed a report or some murmurings or something, but I don't recall hearing anything suggesting that players have turned on Rhule or something.  I don't think we really have a finger on the pulse of the locker room.  The only thing that comes even remotely close to depicting the vibe of the team is that video from a week or so ago that showed all the players + Rhule having fun with that sporting event (ping pong, soccer, squash, etc.).  But I am assuming you would argue that that was just team propaganda.  I'm just not sure what else we have to go off of.

Also what are the metrics by which we are evaluating the "top 5 coaches" in Carolina?  Like are we lumping all the coaches into one bin?  Like James Campen (o-line coach) vs. Phil Snow (defensive coordinator) vs. Mike Siravo (defensive run game coordinator - yeah I had to look that up)?  Cause that doesn't really make sense to me.  There are probably a bunch of objectively good NFL head coaches and coordinators who have positional coaches underneath them who are better at their respective coaching positions than these HC/OC/DCs are at theirs.  Again, all I care about is whether these coaches have the respect and loyalty of their players.  If any coach has lost the respect of their players, then I would strongly advocate immediately firing that coach.  Otherwise, I think players are able to compartmentalize the roles of their multitude of coaches and be able to say like "Damn Steve Wilks is a hell of a DB coach" without that needing to be a slight or indictment on Rhule or Snow.  It's not like they have a limited quantity of "respect" that they have to decide how to divvy up among their coaches.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

who should have the best odds?

or just merely arguing taking the field is always the safest bet over any one person? 

Being the worst HC and the most likely to be fired first are two different things. Rhule will probably be the worst but if Tepper doesn't fire him it won't matter.

• Beer 2

15 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Oh ok well I guess I can pretty much accept everything you're saying except for this snippet above which I don't really understand.  Who are "the people" you're referring to?  Us?  Or the players?  I'm assuming you mean the players, in which case I don't understand how these two sentences logically follow.  They seem to be two entirely different unrelated points.  Is your second point/question suggesting Rhule has lost the locker room or that the players look at him unfavorably?  If so, what are you basing that off of?  Maybe I missed a report or some murmurings or something, but I don't recall hearing anything suggesting that players have turned on Rhule or something.  I don't think we really have a finger on the pulse of the locker room.  The only thing that comes even remotely close to depicting the vibe of the team is that video from a week or so ago that showed all the players + Rhule having fun with that sporting event (ping pong, soccer, squash, etc.).  But I am assuming you would argue that that was just team propaganda.  I'm just not sure what else we have to go off of.

Also what are the metrics by which we are evaluating the "top 5 coaches" in Carolina?  Like are we lumping all the coaches into one bin?  Like James Campen (o-line coach) vs. Phil Snow (defensive coordinator) vs. Mike Siravo (defensive run game coordinator - yeah I had to look that up)?  Cause that doesn't really make sense to me.  There are probably a bunch of objectively good NFL head coaches and coordinators who have positional coaches underneath them who are better at their respective coaching positions than these HC/OC/DCs are at theirs.  Again, all I care about is whether these coaches have the respect and loyalty of their players.  If any coach has lost the respect of their players, then I would strongly advocate immediately firing that coach.  Otherwise, I think players are able to compartmentalize the roles of their multitude of coaches and be able to say like "Damn Steve Wilks is a hell of a DB coach" without that needing to be a slight or indictment on Rhule or Snow.  It's not like they have a limited quantity of "respect" that they have to decide how to divvy up among their coaches.

yeah, I don't think the league nor the players probably have tons of respect for Rhule in terms of being good at what he actually does.  I mean, we have seen reporting on that perception.   About the clusterfug perception, the lameduck stigma, etc.  

and we started hearing some rumblings reported on in house last year too. 

• Beer 1