Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Vegas odds on which head coach gets fired first this season


Zod
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, CRA said:

Well, until the football gods demand a sacrifice.  That’s the game.  

so the question is….what body would appease the football gods if this upcoming year is bad?  

Tepper has a growing disgruntled fan base he is dealing with.  The football gods would have demanded more than a Joe Brady last year if the Cam card hasn’t been played.   

Tepper deals with it the same way he deals with anything team-related: by doing nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I gotta think that by the end of Year 3 of the Rhule Era, y'all will realize that Tepper:

1) makes money regardless of result
2) will dime out the Carolinas in a heartbeat to get more money elsewhere
3) would rather lose with like-minded slob Rhule than win with someone else 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I gotta think that by the end of Year 3 of the Rhule Era, y'all will realize that Tepper:

1) makes money regardless of result
2) will dime out the Carolinas in a heartbeat to get more money elsewhere
3) would rather lose with like-minded slob Rhule than win with someone else 

 

I think Tepper has learned a lot.  And Tepper is a billionare ego guy.  Its about winning and maximzing profit.  That's what he is here for.   He has admitted he had a lot wrong about the NFL/Panthers.  He just has only shared a couple of those.  I firmly believe Person is right in reporting that he believes he screwed up w/ the Rhule contract.  That reporting falls in line w/ Tepper admitting he had a lot wrong...that the thought he had right.   I think he is smart enough now to wait until there is a legit good coach he wants at this point.....instead of rushing to fire Rhule and taking whatever is best of the bunch avaliable at the moment.   Who is out there?  Retread failures? Think that is why those reports on Sean Payton emerged.  I think he didn't fire Rhule yet because there wasn't someone he wanted yet.  But he is looking.  Tepper isn't dumb.  He might not know football like he needed to.  Doesn't take a rocket scienteist to see Matt Rhule isn't working at the NFL level.   Don't think he is eager to just fire Rhule and be thrust into be forced to hired the best of a lot that he also doesn't want. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty much says it all if there are only two main posters arguing against the wind that Rhule still has full control. There were obviously some changes and it is more than just trying to save Matt's family from the burden of his criticism. Which btw is not okay and beyond sports. But on the flip side his family is now set for life so that can only carry so far while many others out here are struggling in day to day life. All in all Matt Rhule can flip all of this and shut up everyone. Too bad he put all his chips in on Sam Darnold though.

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think he is smart enough now to wait until there is a legit good coach he wants at this point.....instead of rushing to fire Rhule and taking whatever is best of the bunch avaliable at the moment.   Who is out there?  Retread failures? Think that is why those reports on Sean Payton emerged.  I think he didn't fire Rhule yet because there wasn't someone he wanted yet.  But he is looking.  Tepper isn't dumb.  He might not know football like he needed to.  Doesn't take a rocket scienteist to see Matt Rhule isn't working at the NFL level. 

That part worries me a little bit too though.

Part of the reason Tepper went for Matt Rhule was because he was a hot name in the media. The problem with that is that sometimes the media darlings aren't the best candidates, and sometimes the best candidates aren't media darlings.

He needs to let someone with actual NFL qualifications run the next head coaching search. If he runs it himself, we're as likely to find the next Matt Rhule as the next Sean McVay.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was quite generous of Tepper to force Rhule to overhaul his entire coaching staff except for his closest buddy Phil Snow!  But hold up, I once saw a press conference where David Tepper blinked in Morse Code: "Rhule is holding my daughter hostage.  PLEASE HELP".  And at that same press conference, Tepper's arm was bent at exactly an 85.1216 degree angle and if you replace each number with its corresponding letter(s) in the alphabet then you get the message "H-E-L-P".

This thread has big "I do my own research!" energy.

  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That part worries me a little bit too though.

Part of the reason Tepper went for Matt Rhule was because he was a hot name in the media. The problem with that is that sometimes the media darlings aren't the best candidates, and sometimes the best candidates aren't media darlings.

He needs to let someone with actual NFL qualifications run the next head coaching search. If he runs it himself, we're as likely to find the next Matt Rhule as the next Sean McVay.

Tepper seems like the type that sees shiney X object, wants X, and then just throws cash at it.  That was Rhule.  That was Watson.   I do think that element probably is just in his DNA. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

Pretty much says it all if there are only two main posters arguing against the wind that Rhule still has full control. There were obviously some changes and it is more than just trying to save Matt's family from the burden of his criticism. Which btw is not okay and beyond sports. But on the flip side his family is now set for life so that can only carry so far while many others out here are struggling in day to day life. All in all Matt Rhule can flip all of this and shut up everyone. Too bad he put all his chips in on Sam Darnold though.

Three!  Sorry I'm late. 

Naw I actually don't know one way or the other nor does anyone else.  I just think it's kind of silly and conspiratorial to point to something like your personal interpretation of someone's body language at a press conference as evidence that the power dynamic has shifted.  A bit flimsy IMO.  I would love the power dynamic to be shifted, but it's gonna take more than armchair body language psychology to convince me.

  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Tepper seems like the type that sees shiney X object, wants X, and then just throws cash at it.  That was Rhule.  That was Watson.   I do think that element probably is just in his DNA. 

He's also the type that likes to do things in an unconventional way so that he can look like the smartest person in the room...

...if it works.

The question is whether or not he learns anything when it doesn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

That was quite generous of Tepper to force Rhule to overhaul his entire coaching staff except for his closest buddy Phil Snow!  But hold up, I once saw a press conference where David Tepper blinked in Morse Code: "Rhule is holding my daughter hostage.  PLEASE HELP".  And at that same press conference, Tepper's arm was bent at exactly an 85.1216 degree angle and if you replace each number with its corresponding letter(s) in the alphabet then you get the message "H-E-L-P".

This thread has big "I do my own research!" energy.

image.png.cf998437e01263d1c3611ca402a2a1ca.png

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...