• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Add sexual assault to the Dan Snyder allegations

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, onmyown said:

NDAs are not some sort of top secret kept until death issuance no one has a right to. NDA’s are a ‘private contract’ and are not exempt from the law. They aren’t exempt from a judge. The information is not even exempt from lawyers. They especially, aren’t exempt when similar behavior branches out into other, similar, separate crimes. Even if unrelated. 

Hmm, interesting...

...damn, the Browns must be aghast 😲...

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not so sure about that.

If the NFL wants Snyder gone (and there's plenty of evidence to suggest they do) then he's gonna have a rough time making this go away.

I hope you’re right. I think they’ll strong arm him into selling, if for no other reason than to give a shred of credibility to the NFL’s stance on these matters.

3 hours ago, 4Corners said:

NDAs need to be illegal in this country. All they are is a get of jail free card for wealthy people. I can’t think of any situation where an NDA is ethical or reasonable. 

It will never happen, we just had a president that had a ton of sexual assault settlements and NDA's and still got elected. This country is run by money

Edited by amcoolio
  • Beer 2

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know that the specific details regarding sexual assault claim had been seen before. Previously it was just "sexual misconduct" which has a pretty broad definition.

Since the victim in this case had an NDA, it wouldn't be surprising if the particulars were hidden before.

Hence my statement. 

These aren't new allegations but they are conveniently coming to light now that he has drawn the ire of the NFL.

I would wager that isn't a coincidence. 

• Beer 2

26 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Hence my statement. 

These aren't new allegations but they are conveniently coming to light now that he has drawn the ire of the NFL.

I would wager that isn't a coincidence. 

And I'd agree that's genuinely possible.

9 hours ago, 4Corners said:

NDAs need to be illegal in this country. All they are is a get of jail free card for wealthy people. I can’t think of any situation where an NDA is ethical or reasonable. 

NDAs have useful and important business functions.

Using NDAs to cover up misconduct should NOT be legal though.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

But 'Jeans Friday' guys.  Am I right? 

Richardson sold the Panthers to Tepper to what amounts to jaywalking in comparison to what has happen with players and owners since then.

Yeah, Richardson must have really worn out his welcome amongst the owners or there was a lot worse stuff that never surfaced.

Snyder is making Richardson's sins look petty in comparison.

• Pie 1