• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Add sexual assault to the Dan Snyder allegations

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

But 'Jeans Friday' guys.  Am I right? 

Richardson sold the Panthers to Tepper to what amounts to jaywalking in comparison to what has happen with players and owners since then.

I see the comparison. I wouldn’t characterize it as J walking but your point is valid. JR was out rather quickly compared to this guy.  I think JR wanted to avoid some of the fiasco and was a more evolved POS than Snyder. 

12 hours ago, 4Corners said:

He will just leave the country and head to Paris or Spain for a month “on business” throw a ton of money at lawyers and will be back in the owners box week 1

After getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar? Everyone suspected where the Gruden emails came from and this just feels like more of that. Before this I would still be skeptical but it looks like a shifting situation.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy lol

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I see the comparison. I wouldn’t characterize it as J walking but your point is valid. JR was out rather quickly compared to this guy.  I think JR wanted to avoid some of the fiasco and was a more evolved POS than Snyder. 

On the scale of narcissim, JR was single-A or rookie ball compared to Danny boy. 

From day one of his ownership, Snyder appeared to think he was the smartest guy in the room of owners, with the possible exception of Jerry Jones who he sucked up to.  What he fails to realize is that the being the smartest guy in the room has very little relationship to who gets what they want or comes out on top in a group like the NFL owners.

Foreskin fans will probably throw a three-day parade if he is forced out.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Oh, but wait...

The NFL's investigation into a "toxic workplace" in DC, which included going through thousands of emails, found Jon Gruden making inappropriate comments in emails and he ultimately resigned. That was the end of the investigation by the NFL..... and it had nothing to do with the Washington football team.

The league is just as culpable as the team, because you know they were aware of the mess and opted to go full ostrich:

Head In Sand GIFs | Tenor

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah...Snyder is toast.

How?

Congress has absolutely zero authority to do anything in this matter. The team is a privately owned entity and I'm not sure even the NFL can pull an NBA/ Los Angeles Clipper/Donald Sterling deal and demand he sell the team. The NBA is set up a little differently. I'd be curious to know whether the league can demand the sale of a team.

NFL bylaws:

The NFL Commissioner, Roger Goodell, can propose firing any owner, shareholder or partner for wrongful conduct and would take that complaint to the league's Executive Committee. 

He would need three-fourths of the committee to vote yes to terminate the owner. That same committee would also need three-fourths of members to vote on who the next owner would be.

The NFL's website outlines league operations and team guidelines. Under the governance section, we found this statement:

"Any change in game rules, league policy or club ownership or modification to the game must be approved by at least three-fourths of the executive committee."

Our second source is the NFL's own constitution and bylaws.

Researchers found a copy of the bylaws on Penn State Law's website. Article 8 states the NFL Commissioner can suspend, fine, or cancel a contract with any owner, shareholder, or partner "who has been or is guilty of conduct detrimental to the welfare of the League or professional football."

Article 3 addresses "Transfer of Membership and Termination." According to the bylaws, the commissioner can propose a transfer of membership, but that has to be approved by three-fourths of the league's Executive Committee.

The same guideline applies for reassigning a playing field and player contracts after a member is terminated -- those changes also require three-fourths of the voting committee. 

Any NFL owner can lose their team under the bylaw.

But Snyder would have to be terminated by the commissioner, with the decision approved by three-fourths of the NFL's Executive Committee.

• Beer 3

2 hours ago, Tbe said:

NDAs have useful and important business functions.

Using NDAs to cover up misconduct should NOT be legal though.

Can you give me an example of how they are useful and important business functions? Like if someone knew the secret formula to coke they would have to sign one so they don’t rip them off and start selling it as someone else?

I had to sign a non compete for a previous job which the company justified as “they didn’t want to invest in training me to have me leave once it was done and go to competition” which is bullshit and goes against the free market 

6 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

How?

Congress has absolutely zero authority to do anything in this matter. The team is a privately owned entity and I'm not sure even the NFL can pull an NBA/ Los Angeles Clipper/Donald Sterling deal and demand he sell the team. The NBA is set up a little differently. I'd be curious to know whether the league can demand the sale of a team.

NFL bylaws:

The NFL Commissioner, Roger Goodell, can propose firing any owner, shareholder or partner for wrongful conduct and would take that complaint to the league's Executive Committee. 

He would need three-fourths of the committee to vote yes to terminate the owner. That same committee would also need three-fourths of members to vote on who the next owner would be.

The NFL's website outlines league operations and team guidelines. Under the governance section, we found this statement:

"Any change in game rules, league policy or club ownership or modification to the game must be approved by at least three-fourths of the executive committee."

Our second source is the NFL's own constitution and bylaws.

Researchers found a copy of the bylaws on Penn State Law's website. Article 8 states the NFL Commissioner can suspend, fine, or cancel a contract with any owner, shareholder, or partner "who has been or is guilty of conduct detrimental to the welfare of the League or professional football."

Article 3 addresses "Transfer of Membership and Termination." According to the bylaws, the commissioner can propose a transfer of membership, but that has to be approved by three-fourths of the league's Executive Committee.

The same guideline applies for reassigning a playing field and player contracts after a member is terminated -- those changes also require three-fourths of the voting committee. 

Any NFL owner can lose their team under the bylaw.

But Snyder would have to be terminated by the commissioner, with the decision approved by three-fourths of the NFL's Executive Committee.

Because the commissioner is serving up Snyder on a platter.

It won't be Congress that takes him down. It'll be the NFL itself. This is just a sign that they're prepared to do it.

• Beer 1

Just now, 4Corners said:

Can you give me an example of how they are useful and important business functions? Like if someone knew the secret formula to coke they would have to sign one so they don’t rip them off and start selling it as someone else?

I had to sign a non compete for a previous job which the company justified as “they didn’t want to invest in training me to have me leave once it was done and go to competition” which is bullshit and goes against the free market 

I signed one recently because the agency is researching a new technology (that does not work), they are coming to the conclusion that its performance is not up to what is required, but somebody in the hundreds associated with this mess has been running back to the vendor, who prefers to lobby Congress rather than improve their technology (and I am not sure they can improve their technology).  The NDA was designed to stop that blabbing.  Will it?  Probably not.

I'm sure employees and contractors that work in the Supreme Court are all under NDA's, too. 

The example you gave is the texbook example.  Closely guarded company "secrets" or research into new products and services are generally the target.  We hear more about NDAs associated with settlements of court cases (or avoidance of them), but those between employers and employees/contractors are far more common, I would think.  And in those cases, the company could actually point to harm by the disclosure, rather than "I could go to prison for something I probably should have gone to prison for, anyway."

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Because the commissioner is serving up Snyder on a platter.

It won't be Congress that takes him down. It'll be the NFL itself. This is just a sign that they're prepared to do it.

The fact Goodell is going to testify in front of a toothless Congressional committee may portend Snyder's future, but it, in reality, is nothing more than a dog and pony show.

I'll wait and see how long after Congress wrings their hands and tells us all how terrible this is, before Goodell actually convenes the Executive Committee to hear the matter and take a vote.

Edited by Anybodyhome