• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Add sexual assault to the Dan Snyder allegations

Mr. Scot

13 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

But it would have been far more interesting to see an NFL ouster play out in the court system had Richardson not caved. Let's not forget the NFL has never had their hands forced. With JR, the league simply took him in a back room and twisted his arm a little- it never came to a formal convening of the Executive Committee for a vote.

As a matter of fact, the league went out of its way to issue a statement saying they were not forcing Richardson out.

I'm not even sure they twisted his arm.

Richardson had a really weird loyalty to the league. From the outside looking in, it seemed pretty one-sided.

Doesn't seem like he ever saw it that way though.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Fair enough and I am willing to concede that there may be a few instances of when an NDA is ethical and necessary - but I am also an advocate of transparency and protecting workers. 

NDAs used by wealthy people/corps to protecting themselves stuffing money in someone’s mouth to cover up illegal, unethical, and shady activities need to 100% be illegal in this country. But everyone knows rich people play by a different set of rules. 

NDAs are really common. I sign one probably once every couple months or so.

In this case, you have a situation of "here's $1.6 million to sign this NDA." She had a choice. Was it shitty, yeah of course, but still a choice nonetheless. Perhaps there should be a law that NDA's are void if used to cover up a crime.

50 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

NDAs are really common. I sign one probably once every couple months or so.

In this case, you have a situation of "here's $1.6 million to sign this NDA." She had a choice. Was it shitty, yeah of course, but still a choice nonetheless. Perhaps there should be a law that NDA's are void if used to cover up a crime.

I primarily get sent documents via email, so it's very rare that I don't edit the NDA's before signing and returning. Has never been noticed yet.

3 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

No they dont... intellectual property is not a real thing.

NDAs are about confidentiality. It’s not always about intellectual property.

The first NDA I ever signed was when I worked in my Dads friends law firm as an errand runner. The NDA kept me from talking about any juicing and personal stuff I read, saw, heard about clients and their cases. Important in child and family law.

Again, NDAs are perfect for specific situations. 

When something is broken, you don’t have to throw the entire thing out. You can just fix what’s broken and keep what works. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Tbe said:

The first NDA I ever signed was when I worked in my Dads friends law firm as an errand runner. The NDA kept me from talking about any juicing and personal stuff I read, saw, heard about clients and their cases. Important in child and family law.

When something is broken, you don’t have to throw the entire thing out. You can just fix what’s broken and keep what works. 

Your dad's friend violated attorney client privilege by letting you read, see or hear anything about clients and their cases.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

11 minutes ago, Tbe said:

what type of bullshit law firm let’s their yo-boy get in on ths type of privileged information. 

NDAs are bullshit. People and companies just hiding stuff

12 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Your dad's friend violated attorney client privilege by letting you read, see or hear anything about clients and their cases.

He didn't say they let him do anything, but you can accidentally see and hear a lot of things just walking around law offices.

(my brother and his wife both worked for attorneys)

What he signed sounds like a "just in case" type document.

Edited by Mr. Scot

31 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

what type of bullshit law firm let’s their yo-boy get in on ths type of privileged information. 

NDAs are bullshit. People and companies just hiding stuff

It was in Raleigh. Run by 8 UNC law grads.

I was often in court (closed hearings) getting stuff for people, serving subpoenas sometimes, bringing stuff in and out of conference rooms when stuff was being discussed, filing tons of paperwork, making copies, ect. 

It was a small shop. I saw a lot. Just accept there are areas of life you don’t know a much about.

Now I was making $9 hour at the time so there wasn’t much they could realistically do if I made something public about Mr big shot’s divorce and custody fight, but I understand why that stuff is needed sometimes.

These days I work with companies that put years of their lives creating something and they don’t want some idiot contractor like me selling their hard won ideas/strategies/tactics/customer lists/financial info/ect to competitors.