• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ravens OLB Jaylon Ferguson passes away

Mr. Scot

Jeez this stuff is awful this year.

There are unusual amount of passings in pro sports for the active/recently active types. Haskins, Swanigan, Gladney, these CFBs, Marion Barber, Adrein Payne, I’m missing some but it seems like unusually high tick up this past year.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

39 minutes ago, davos said:

Jeez this stuff is awful this year.

There are unusual amount of passings in pro sports for the active/recently active types. Haskins, Swanigan, Gladney, these CFBs, Marion Barber, Adrein Payne, I’m missing some but it seems like unusually high tick up this past year.

My heart goes out to these families dealing with the death of a young person. 

It's not just in football, there seems to be a lot of younger people dropping dead these days. I've known too many people who have died from drug overdoses or suicides in the last year. A prominent Austin musician unexpectedly died a couple months ago. No cause given, my guess is drug overdose. 

Fentanyl is a big cause. It's EVERYWHERE. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

My heart goes out to these families dealing with the death of a young person. 

It's not just in football, there seems to be a lot of younger people dropping dead these days. I've known too many people who have died from drug overdoses or suicides in the last year. A prominent Austin musician unexpectedly died a couple months ago. No cause given, my guess is drug overdose. 

Fentanyl is a big cause. It's EVERYWHERE. 

Bingo on the fentanyl 

Rec drugs are not what they once were.  This stuff needs to be addressed seriously yesterday.  These politicians want to save the world, get this poo off the street.  Its killing people left and right.

• Pie 4

13 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

Bingo on the fentanyl 

Rec drugs are not what they once were.  This stuff needs to be addressed seriously yesterday.  These politicians want to save the world, get this poo off the street.  Its killing people left and right.

It was kind of an afterthought when it was "just" hardcore heroin addicts impacted by this but fentanyl is showing up in everything now. If you're doing any sort of street drugs these days you're playing some real Russian roulette. That includes street purchased prescription pills. Pill presses are cheap. There's no guarantee that pill is what you think it is.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 3