• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ravens OLB Jaylon Ferguson passes away

Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, davos said:

Jeez this stuff is awful this year.

There are unusual amount of passings in pro sports for the active/recently active types. Haskins, Swanigan, Gladney, these CFBs, Marion Barber, Adrein Payne, I’m missing some but it seems like unusually high tick up this past year.

remix GIF

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't know about all that. I doubt the ancient Egyptians had many concerns about accidentally overdosing from high powered synthetic opioids. 😂

The fentanyl epidemic is nothing more than an extension of the 50+ year long opium epidemic which is just a part of a multi-millennia long struggle with addiction to any number of narcotics or poisons that we choose to ingest recreationally. 

A death in the past week or month or year isn't any more or less tragic than one 10 or 20 or 50 or 1000 years ago. Death is just a part of life. 

Or, to put it in Panthers terms.....it is what it is.

Also, this is an incredibly odd tangent to have popped up in thread about the untimely passing of a Baltimore Ravens LB.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, davos said:

Jeez this stuff is awful this year.

There are unusual amount of passings in pro sports for the active/recently active types. Haskins, Swanigan, Gladney, these CFBs, Marion Barber, Adrein Payne, I’m missing some but it seems like unusually high tick up this past year.

There’s no evidence that any of these are connected like some people are making them out to be. Haskins was drunk and got ran over, Payne was shot, Barber had apparently been dealing with a lot of poo over the last few years (possibly/probably due to head trauma), Swanigan had a lot of demons and had probably gained 150 lbs since leaving the NBA. With Ferguson we will wait and see I guess. All tragedies but the conspiracy theorists are circling like usual.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The fentanyl epidemic is nothing more than an extension of the 50+ year long opium epidemic which is just a part of a multi-millennia long struggle with addiction to any number of narcotics or poisons that we choose to ingest recreationally. 

A death in the past week or month or year isn't any more or less tragic than one 10 or 20 or 50 or 1000 years ago. Death is just a part of life. 

Or, to put it in Panthers terms.....it is what it is.

Also, this is an incredibly odd tangent to have popped up in thread about the untimely passing of a Baltimore Ravens LB.

You're not wrong in principle but fentanyl is a real game changer in the likelihood of overdose. Yeah, addiction and drug abuse has always been a problem but then you throw in an extremely deadly synthetic opioid into the mix and it's gasoline on a fire.

20190223_FBC399.png.7cac14803069272966cb068ad55f9f28.png

And yeah, it's definitely a weird tangent but it wouldn't be a Huddle thread without a weird tangent. 😂

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, motocross_cat said:

Bingo on the fentanyl 

Rec drugs are not what they once were.  This stuff needs to be addressed seriously yesterday.  These politicians want to save the world, get this poo off the street.  Its killing people left and right.

You think thats how JF or these young athletes are dying?

BTW, the drug speculation is t just coming out of thin air.

It would be wildly irresponsible (but not impossible) for the Baltimore PD to make that type of statement unless they were pretty damn certain this is going to end up being OD related.

Remember what I said about street acquired prescription drugs?

• Beer 1