• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roger Goodell tells members of Congress he has no "authority" to remove Daniel Snyder as owner of Commanders

Proudiddy

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34131214/roger-goodell-says-no-authority-remove-daniel-snyder-owner-washington-commanders

So, just thought I would share this as I find it interesting that this guy has nonstop been an issue since he took over there and has had issues with racism, sexism, sexual harassment and abuse almost to the level of human trafficking, has been investigated countless times for countless egregious offenses, but Goodell says he has no authority to remove him?  Interesting, because the asshole had no problem stepping in here and forcing JR out for far lesser (in terms of quantity and magnitude) offenses because we're just the Carolina Panthers...  and now we're stuck with a fuging dumbass for an owner, knowing Snyder is equally, if not more, of a bigot, misogynist, predator and racist...  And I have no doubt vocal idiots like Jerry Jones, The McNairs, and Stephen Ross have just as many violations with racism and other workplace problems, and yet, they're still sitting comfortably in power.

Note: This is not to excuse JR or what he was accused of.  Everyone that knows me on this board and in real-life knows I stand on the side of justice, equality and equity, and love for all.  This is simply to point out that this is more evidence that Goodell is a fuging asshole that only meddles when he sees fit and is a fuging piece of poo human being...  and it still just pisses me off that we got stuck with Tepper because of their bullshit when the stuff Snyder and Washington have done is of the same category of violation but to a much greater degree and magnitude - for instance, JR demanded Blue Jean Fridays or whatever it was...  Snyder had his whole office walking around trading cards of nude cheerleaders they forced into taking nude photographs of, who were essentially being held hostage in a hostile work environment.  Both disgusting, but I'd say the second one is far more egregious, and yet, this douche has remained bulletproof.  I don't disagree that JR had to sell, but when you see the poo happening in DC, it all feels very predetermined, what happened here.  Snyder has not just violated the "shield" multiple times, but he has broken countless state and federal laws with his behavior and the culture he has set forth in DC, and he has not had to answer for it a single time.  And not only does he not answer for it, Goodell capes for him.  How tf does a coach for another team get fired after they read the internal emails from a whole separate organization, but no one within that organization gets fired?  And then Goodell refused to disclose the rest of the emails or release them to media.  I fuging hate dude, and he is the main reason why I don't trust that what we see on the field is ever actually a legit, untampered product.  From destroying Spygate evidence, to seeing the Ray Rice video and not making a move until the media got it and made it public because of how it made the league look, to officiating in Superbowl 50, to intervening when the JR story broke, and then taking this stance every fuging time more of Snyder's dirt is shoveled up, it just feels all very dirty and manipulated, and it doesn't seem we are one of the favored teams...  Again, not defending JR.  I'm saying the poo Snyder has done and gotten away with is unbelievable and Goodell has a history of selectively stepping in and not stepping in at all when it's convenient for him and his buddies.  Hypocrisy at its finest.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

So, just thought I would share this as I find it interesting that this guy has nonstop been an issue since he took over there and has had issues with racism, sexism, sexual harassment and abuse almost to the level of human trafficking, has been investigated countless times for countless egregious offenses, but Goodell says he has no authority to remove him?  Interesting, because the asshole had no problem stepping in here and forcing JR out for far lesser (in terms of quantity and magnitude) offenses because we're just the Carolina Panthers...  and now we're stuck with a fuging dumbass for an owner, knowing Snyder is equally, if not more, of a bigot, misogynist, predator and racist...  And I have no doubt vocal idiots like Jerry Jones, The McNairs, and Stephen Ross have just as many violations with racism and other workplace problems, and yet, they're still sitting comfortably in power.

Note: This is not to excuse JR or what he was accused of.  Everyone that knows me on this board and in real-life knows I stand on the side of justice, equality and equity, and love for all.  This is simply to point out that this is more evidence that Goodell is a fuging asshole that only meddles when he sees fit and is a fuging piece of poo human being...  and it still just pisses me off that we got stuck with Tepper because of their bullshit when the stuff Snyder and Washington have done is of the same category of violation but to a much greater degree and magnitude - for instance, JR demanded Blue Jean Fridays or whatever it was...  Snyder had his whole office walking around trading cards of nude cheerleaders they forced into taking nude photographs of, who were essentially being held hostage in a hostile work environment.  Both disgusting, but I'd say the second one is far more egregious, and yet, this douche has remained bulletproof.  I don't disagree that JR had to sell, but when you see the poo happening in DC, it all feels very predetermined, what happened here.  Snyder has not just violated the "shield" multiple times, but he has broken countless state and federal laws with his behavior and the culture he has set forth in DC, and he has not had to answer for it a single time.  And not only does he not answer for it, Goodell capes for him.  How tf does a coach for another team get fired after they read the internal emails from a whole separate organization, but no one within that organization gets fired?  And then Goodell refused to disclose the rest of the emails or release them to media.  I fuging hate dude, and he is the main reason why I don't trust that what we see on the field is ever actually a legit, untampered product.  From destroying Spygate evidence, to seeing the Ray Rice video and not making a move until the media got it and made it public because of how it made the league look, to officiating in Superbowl 50, to intervening when the JR story broke, and then taking this stance every fuging time more of Snyder's dirt is shoveled up, it just feels all very dirty and manipulated, and it doesn't seem we are one of the favored teams...  Again, not defending JR.  I'm saying the poo Snyder has done and gotten away with is unbelievable and Goodell has a history of selectively stepping in and not stepping in at all when it's convenient for him and his buddies.  Hypocrisy at its finest.

Roger Goodell tells members of Congress he has no "authority" to remove Daniel Snyder as owner of Commanders http://espn.com/app

Of course. Godell is a scum through and through. He didn't get in the position he is in by being a sweetheart justice champion and hero for those with no voice. Godell in my opinion has always been a human piece of poo.

Edited by YourLastThought
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

Not trying to compliment Richardson but he simply did the right thing in terms of being willing to walk away once he got outed.  I relate it to politicians.  Scandals send some packing.   Some simply dig in and stay.     JR probably could go fought it and dug in.    Think JR selling was more about JR simply being willing than Goodell forcing it.  That’s just my take.  

It's possible, but there seemed to be a lot more outward pressure...  seemingly, manufactured, and at the right place and right time with no relenting.  Clearly, Goodell didnt come to JR's rescue like he keeps doing for all of these other upstanding men of integrity.  The story wasn't going away.  And it was all for a reason.  Every time something comes up with one of the other owners, they have simply swept it under the rug and usually, effectively killed the stories.  

In hindsight, to me, it feels like everything that happened was engineered to get JR out so he could give/"sell" the team to Tepper who had long been rumored to be the next guy in line to join the billionaire boys club.  It wasn't so much about the offenses for the NFL, it was that it was a convenient story to allow them to transfer power to whom they wanted...  because clearly Goodell doesn't give a poo about human rights, domestic abuse, racism, healthy workplace environments, or player and employee safety and well-being.  Dude is a fuging slimeball.

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, CRA said:

Not trying to compliment Richardson but he simply did the right thing in terms of being willing to walk away once he got outed.  I relate it to politicians.  Scandals send some packing.   Some simply dig in and stay.     JR probably could go fought it and dug in.    Think JR selling was more about JR simply being willing than Goodell forcing it.  That’s just my take.  

I can't remember the details but I seem to recall the owners having the ability to essentially vote him off the island and they likely had the votes to do it.

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

It's possible, but there seemed to be a lot more outward pressure...  seemingly, manufactured, and at the right place and right time.  It wasn't going away.  Every time something comes up with one of the other owners, they have simply swept it under the rug and usually, effectively killed the stories.  

In hindsight, to me, it feels like everything that happened was engineered to get JR out so he could give/"sell" the team to Tepper who had long been rumored to be the next guy in line to join the billionaire boys club.  It wasn't so much about the offenses for the NFL, it was that it was a convenient story to allow them to transfer power to whom they wanted...  because clearly Goodell doesn't give a poo about human rights, domestic abuse, racism, healthy workplace environments, or player and employee safety and well-being.  Dude is a fuging slimeball.

Goodell is going to speed up and harshen this Watson suspension just to try and save face and distract the media at this point. Snyder must have some poo on Goodell and/or a bunch of other owners that would expose the whole poo show. I think it was right for Richardson to go, but he was also an easy target because he's old as fug and not smart/snakey enough to put himself in a position to stay an asshole with the other assholes

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

He is telling the truth.  He doesn't have the power to remove an Owner.

The other owners do though.  

Correct.  Technically.  But they generally move in lockstep.  So you're (not you, but a general you) telling me they all saw eye to eye on JR, but all of them are fine with what Snyder is doing and how he keeps making the league look?

I'm convinced the JR stuff all started with Goodell.

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Correct.  Technically.  But they generally move in lockstep.  So you're (not you, but a general you) telling me they all saw eye to eye on JR, but all of them are fine with what Snyder is doing and how he keeps making the league look?

I'm convinced the JR stuff all started with Goodell.

I have heard they are very clicky. JR fell out after the negotiations. It's all political but if the 30 other owners are against you it would be a rough enough ride that cashing out would be vastly preferable to a fight that you can't win and would leave you vastly poorer.

Also, who represents GB which has no real owner? They even let that one in the room when not absolutely official business going down? Anywho, billionaire money equals billionaire problems lol

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Goodell is going to speed up and harshen this Watson suspension just to try and save face and distract the media at this point. Snyder must have some poo on Goodell and/or a bunch of other owners that would expose the whole poo show. I think it was right for Richardson to go, but he was also an easy target because he's old as fug and not smart/snakey enough to put himself in a position to stay an asshole with the other assholes

Yup.  100%.

IIRC, there was also some bad blood lingering from the CBA stuff and I thought I remembered reading that a lot of the owners had an ongoing beef with JR, which again, makes that story breaking when and how it did all the more convenient for them...  Again, his actions were his own and he deserved whatever consequences he had coming for them...  but what we all have seen, and continue to see and agree on is, he clearly wasn't the only owner with moral and ethical shortcomings; in fact, many are exposing themselves to be even worse...  difference is, they are still in goodstanding in the good ol' boys club and that apparently makes all the difference.

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Also, Snyder might simply have better dirt/leverage on folks around the league than JR did.  Which meant JR was just going to fade into the good night.   

You know a creep like that does. It takes 24 owners to vote out another owner and I'm assuming all 24 have some poo they're embarrassed about. JR was too old to keep up with that kinda modern blackmail poo. Snyder is a snake and he'd immediately try to ruin all of these guys lives just to get some revenge. I wish it would happen!

• Pie 1