• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roger Goodell tells members of Congress he has no "authority" to remove Daniel Snyder as owner of Commanders

Proudiddy

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

You know a creep like that does. It takes 24 owners to vote out another owner and I'm assuming all 24 have some poo they're embarrassed about. JR was too old to keep up with that kinda modern blackmail poo. Snyder is a snake and he'd immediately try to ruin all of these guys lives just to get some revenge. I wish it would happen!

I mean they basically confirmed the Gruden leak was the Snyder camp putting some dirt into the atmosphere? I think.  So maybe that was his warning shot to the league that he has too much on folks for them to come at him.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean they basically confirmed the Gruden leak was the Snyder camp putting some dirt into the atmosphere? I think.  So maybe that was his warning shot to the league that he has too much on folks for them to come at him.

Hence Goodell today saying redactions don't always work in the NFL when asked about publicizing their WFT report today lol. I'm sure the dots are easily connected unless you redact everything but the date and signature at the end. 

33 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Correct.  Technically.  But they generally move in lockstep.  So you're (not you, but a general you) telling me they all saw eye to eye on JR, but all of them are fine with what Snyder is doing and how he keeps making the league look?

I'm convinced the JR stuff all started with Goodell.

You could be right.  But there is a part of me that thinks that while the owners are content in letting Goodell run the day to day NFL operations, when it comes to dealing with a member of their very elite club, they are far more hands on.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Beer 1

Sanction Dan Snyder. Give him the choice to sell or have the team seized and strip him of his American citizenship and wealth. Consider him Persona non grata and strip him of the ability to challenge the ruling legally by declaring him an outlaw of the state. If he argues dress him up as a pretty lady.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

For whatever reason he owners REALLY wanted Tepper to have a team ASAP. The team was never really "for sale". It was only going to go to Tepper and they pretty much made that fairly abundantly clear throughout the process. 

Richardson did a fraction of the sh*t Snyder has done. Tepper might have some really grimey blackmail on some NFL people. 

4 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I thought this was always understood...Goodell works for the owners. He dont have authority over them far as their positions, the players are different. 

That is what I think as well.  No way a bunch of Billionaires are going to let some fella who is only worth around 200 million have the ability to kick them out of the club.  

5 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Richardson did a fraction of the sh*t Snyder has done. Tepper might have some really grimey blackmail on some NFL people. 

Nah. He just had a bigger bank account than almost every other owner at the time.

That's changed with Rob Walton joining the club of course, but the Broncos were required to go to the highest bidder per a stipulation in Pat Bowlen's will. Richardson had no legal condition like that (and isn't dead).

It's funny because as I recall, the NFL told Michael Rubin he'd better be prepared to spend 5 billion or he might as well just drop out of the race. The team ended up going for a little more than half of that.

They absolutely wanted Tepper.

Edited by Mr. Scot

38 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ron Rivera has joined the discussion...

Pretty brutal in my opinion for Ron to post that. I believe he's doing everything on his end to get the players into a good culture, but when the main issue is the owner it almost reads as a statement you would make after said owner is gone, not still in charge. Doing "everything in your power" to fix the workplace issues would be calling on Snyder to resign

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Pretty brutal in my opinion for Ron to post that. I believe he's doing everything on his end to get the players into a good culture, but when the main issue is the owner it almost reads as a statement you would make after said owner is gone, not still in charge. Doing "everything in your power" to fix the workplace issues would be calling on Snyder to resign

Rivera's been head coach of two teams, both of whom had sketchy owners.

One is out. The other might be.

Wonder if other sketchy owners would be scared to hire him 🤔

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1