• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roger Goodell tells members of Congress he has no "authority" to remove Daniel Snyder as owner of Commanders

Proudiddy

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rivera's been head coach of two teams, both of whom had sketchy owners.

One is out. The other might be.

Wonder if other sketchy owners would be scared to hire him 🤔

I like Ron, could be a combination of them knowing he's not sketchy, and also a minority coach so while I think he's a good hire, I wouldn't be surprised if saving a shitty organizations image with someone of his character and ethnic background came into play on either hire. 

29 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I like Ron, could be a combination of them knowing he's not sketchy, and also a minority coach so while I think he's a good hire, I wouldn't be surprised if saving a shitty organizations image with someone of his character and ethnic background came into play on either hire. 

I think pretty much everybody loves Ron, the person.

People only ever had a beef with Ron, the head coach.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think pretty much everybody loves Ron, the person.

People only ever had a beef with Ron, the head coach.

Record aside, it's still night and day going back and watching the 2015-2019 panthers confidential/all or nothing/whatever they're called videos. Dudes are pumped and/or upset, instead of whatever happens with Rhule who can stoke no fear into any man of legal drinking age

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, CRA said:

I mean they basically confirmed the Gruden leak was the Snyder camp putting some dirt into the atmosphere? I think.  So maybe that was his warning shot to the league that he has too much on folks for them to come at him.

Well, I want to watch the whole league burn after what they've done, and be humbled like never before...  and I heard a report today that after him trying to dodge them saying he had a pre-planned trip to make, apparently Congress now plans to subpoena Snyder.  I hope he ends up losing the team and it gets really yucky for the whole league as he tries to bring others down with him.

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, CRA said:

Not trying to compliment Richardson but he simply did the right thing in terms of being willing to walk away once he got outed.  I relate it to politicians.  Scandals send some packing.   Some simply dig in and stay.     JR probably could go fought it and dug in.    Think JR selling was more about JR simply being willing than Goodell forcing it.  That’s just my take.  

Yea…except it wasn’t a scandal, it was likely sexual assault on felony levels.

Unless you think multi millions of dollars and non disclosure contracts were handed out like candy because of a ‘scandal’. Explaining that would’ve been one quick fight.

JR should have went to prison where similar ‘characters’ were placed except they didn’t have money. Snyder is no different. They’re similar men and similar mindsets.

JR selling was first and foremost about staying out of prison and secondly hiding that he’s actually a huge piece of poo human being.

Thank god his cringe statue is gone and they really need to rename the UNCC stadium.

• Poo 1

10 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Snyder has not just violated the "shield" multiple times, but he has broken countless state and federal laws with his behavior and the culture he has set forth in DC, and he has not had to answer for it a single time.  And not only does he not answer for it, Goodell capes for him.  How tf does a coach for another team get fired after they read the internal emails from a whole separate organization, but no one within that organization gets fired?  And then Goodell refused to disclose the rest of the emails or release them to media.  I fuging hate dude, and he is the main reason why I don't trust that what we see on the field is ever actually a legit, untampered product.  

JR stood up for the actual NFL, not Goodell’s fuged up version of it. We unfortunately got stuck with an owner that fits into the mold of the modern “new age” NFL. JR may have been a creepy old pervert but guys like Dan Snyder and Roger Goodell are actual pieces of poo for much worse reasons.

If it weren’t for my fandom for the Panthers, I’d be done with Goodell’s awful product. fug him.

• Beer 2

I posted this from the league by-laws in another similar thread yesterday while watching the circus. For clarification, the Executive Committee consists of the 32 owners. So, 24 of the 32 owners would have to vote to oust Snyder. Good luck with that.

NFL bylaws:

The NFL Commissioner, Roger Goodell, can propose firing any owner, shareholder or partner for wrongful conduct and would take that complaint to the league's Executive Committee. 

He would need three-fourths of the committee to vote yes to terminate the owner. That same committee would also need three-fourths of members to vote on who the next owner would be.

The NFL's website outlines league operations and team guidelines. Under the governance section, we found this statement:

"Any change in game rules, league policy or club ownership or modification to the game must be approved by at least three-fourths of the executive committee."

Our second source is the NFL's own constitution and bylaws.

Researchers found a copy of the bylaws on Penn State Law's website. Article 8 states the NFL Commissioner can suspend, fine, or cancel a contract with any owner, shareholder, or partner "who has been or is guilty of conduct detrimental to the welfare of the League or professional football."

Article 3 addresses "Transfer of Membership and Termination." According to the bylaws, the commissioner can propose a transfer of membership, but that has to be approved by three-fourths of the league's Executive Committee.

The same guideline applies for reassigning a playing field and player contracts after a member is terminated -- those changes also require three-fourths of the voting committee. 

Any NFL owner can lose their team under the bylaw.

But Snyder would have to be terminated by the commissioner, with the decision approved by three-fourths of the NFL's Executive Committee.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

But Snyder would have to be terminated by the commissioner, with the decision approved by three-fourths of the NFL's Executive Committee.

So that's a fancy way of saying 24 owners would have to vote yes, and pray Snyder doesn't release dirt on all of them. Doubt he would volunteer to step down like JR did

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

For whatever reason he owners REALLY wanted Tepper to have a team ASAP. The team was never really "for sale". It was only going to go to Tepper and they pretty much made that fairly abundantly clear throughout the process. 

You don’t think they would express Bezos (who wants the commanders) just like tepper ? Why would Roger still up for synder and not JR? 

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

I posted this from the league by-laws in another similar thread yesterday while watching the circus. For clarification, the Executive Committee consists of the 32 owners. So, 24 of the 32 owners would have to vote to oust Snyder. Good luck with that.

Especially since just 1-year ago The Owners in fact (i) approved an extension to the $450M debt-cap waiver for the team, and (ii) sided with Snyder against minority ‘Skins owners Schar/Rothman/Smith as they tried to force Dan to sell the team so they could maximize the return on their collective 40.5% stake —The NFL Owners ultimately forced those minority owners to sell to Snyder & Family who now own 100%👊.

I wasn’t aware of all the behind the scenes infighting amongst the ’Skins owners but this guy Dwight Schar went scorched earth and looks to be the primary source of the negative info being leaked about Snyder…

…interestingly not only was Schar forced to sell his stake to Snyder, the League also banned him from ever owning/investing-in another NFL franchise ever again.

This story is getting very interesting 🤔😳💥

520EBFF8-33E1-435C-BF9B-8F604588BABD.jpeg

6BDFDD99-6F95-4157-AD5F-43197C508379.jpeg

Edited by SizzleBuzz