• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 NBA Draft thread

Captain Morgan

Is something really interesting going to happen?  Will we keep both picks?

We'll know in the next couple of hours.

Every report/rumor has been the absolute worse outcome for Charlotte. - We’re trading for Westbrook - We’re hiring Steve Clifford - We don’t want to pay Miles Bridges - We’re trading Hayward and 15 for nothing but cap space Lotta lying going on 😂
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2

Thanks for the thread to track the events tonight.  Draft is always fun stuff.

Not sure how we even trade for Westbrook.  Money wise the Lakers aren’t taking back salary with years IMO.

We have to resign Bridges…period.

Hayward and 15 for cap space works in my mind but how is 15 enough of a sweetener to take Haywards contract?   Questionable 

• Pie 1

I personally like Duren a lot but he is going to require a move up and not sure our appetite to wait on his development.  If we don’t trade for a veteran with these picks I will be surprised honestly 

If we can’t find a trade Mitch is definitely going to take the best player available and not necessarily a center.  I have a hard time seeing him zeroing in on a traditional center like Williams but he would help defensively no question 

Edited by Shocker

Most of the stuff being reported just doesn’t fit Mitch’s m.o. 

If Jordan was going to intervene and blow up everything Mitch has built over the past few years I don’t think he would have extended him.

Only big thing I can see happening is trying to get Hayward off the books for something that can actually be available come playoff push time. A healthy Hayward the past two years would have equaled playoff births imo. Being able to flip Gordon into a player or two that can actually stay healthy would be a win. Addition by subtraction.

I think Jalen Duren has enormous upside.  If this kid has the work ethic he can be a big time player.  His incredible improvement from basically a junior in high school (reclassified) to last season at Memphis was incredible.  2 years from now he could be something special.  Gotta gage his want to be great but damn he reminds me of Chris Webber.  Ways to go to be that good though

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

Banchero is now the favorite to go #1 after Jabari Smith was supposedly a lock there. 

If he turned out to be the best in this draft it wouldn’t surprise at all.  He has elite size and skills.  6-10 250 with those skills is sick

Would take Jabari Smith myself though.  Similar type skills but his dog attitude is awesome.  Smith is tough

Edited by Shocker

1 hour ago, Captain Morgan said:

Is something really interesting going to happen?  Will we keep both picks?

We'll know in the next couple of hours.

Every report/rumor has been the absolute worse outcome for Charlotte. - We’re trading for Westbrook - We’re hiring Steve Clifford - We don’t want to pay Miles Bridges - We’re trading Hayward and 15 for nothing but cap space Lotta lying going on 😂

Lol!! It’s like really!!?? Westbrook!!?? Really he’s garbage!! Hornets are notorious for bringing big names in at the end of their careers!! We need to stay young!! Get  a big center Williams..trade up for Duren.. Introduce Antoni to meet the draftee!!

31 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

How is it with so many kids playing basketball there are so few impactful players? Even at #1 nobody there isn’t a sure lock to be franchise impacting player. 

It’s team fit chemistry.. and only have 5 players on the court unlike Football so many positions..not sure the max roster for NBA

9 minutes ago, DamnItJake! said:

Lol!! It’s like really!!?? Westbrook!!?? Really he’s garbage!! Hornets are notorious for bringing big names in at the end of their careers!! We need to stay young!! Get  a big center Williams..trade up for Duren.. Introduce Antoni to meet the draftee!!

Well I am with you 100% but the logic in trading for Westbrook isn't because hes good. Its because he has a big contract that you can let run out and give yourself a bunch of cap space afterwards to sign someone on a max deal.

I’m probably the only one on here that would want this.  But even though we have the glaring need at the 5.  I’d love to package and move up for Shaeron Sharpe.  Heard a few people talking about him yesterday who have seen him extensively including at practices at Kentucky.  They mentioned how he is young reclassifying.

but they said if he didn’t and went the normal route.  He’d be the #1 pick next year.

• Pie 1