• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 NBA Draft thread

Captain Morgan

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Well I am with you 100% but the logic in trading for Westbrook isn't because hes good. Its because he has a big contract that you can let run out and give yourself a bunch of cap space afterwards to sign someone on a max deal.

Gotcha I have no idea on money!! Saw other posts about getting rid of Hayward for him which I didn’t think about!! He’s been a disappointment.. could work.. I just know we aren’t lucky with ex big names!! I like Westbrook’s just his play suxs 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I’m probably the only one on here that would want this.  But even though we have the glaring need at the 5.  I’d love to package and move up for Shaeron Sharpe.  Heard a few people talking about him yesterday who have seen him extensively including at practices at Kentucky.  They mentioned how he is young reclassifying.

but they said if he didn’t and went the normal route.  He’d be the #1 pick next year.

The Kentucky fans hate him for punking them but he could be the best out of this draft. I’d be ok with the Hornets taking a gamble on him if they can trade up. 

2 minutes ago, DamnItJake! said:

Gotcha I have no idea on money!! Saw other posts about getting rid of Hayward for him which I didn’t think about!! He’s been a disappointment.. could work.. I just know we aren’t lucky with ex big names!! I like Westbrook’s just his play suxs 

I loved vintage Westbrook but I absolutely would not want him on this team now either. But his deal is up at the end of the year and would allow us to have a ton of cap space. Still, I personally want us to just remain patient and keep both picks tonight. I get the logic behind Westbrook but I don't want to see us do it. It will essentially mean we can't upgrade our roster until next offseason which seems counter productive right now to me. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1