• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 NBA Draft thread

Captain Morgan

10 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

So essentially they don’t want too many rookies and are fine with trading a lottery pick for a future pick that will sure to be worse than their current pick along with acquiring some picks for the Greensboro Swarm… like they couldn’t even get a vet player out of the deal? They couldn’t attach Hayward to the deal to offload his salary? They are just giving away picks now…

Yes, pretty much. This is why Charlotte will never go anywhere further than borderline playoff team. Moves like this. The Detroit Lions of the NBA.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Cuttinedge said:

The Denver 1st round pick will be in the 20s 

We have no idea but if it is 13 or better it will be surprising 

Kup is about to show his worth as the contracts are coming 

Edited by Shocker

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

No idea what the fug is going on.

Even if that's with the 2025 1st rounder that's still just a bunch of late 20's-50's picks. Couldn't dump a contract or pick up a youngish vet starter? I really don't understand the urgency to let go of whoever you pick immediately. We traded down like a team wanting to trade up lol. 

• Flames 1

@cuttingedge..Not a Duke fan...but people are acting like we passed on Shaq or something. 12 other teams passed on Duren including the Spurs who everybody thought would take him. I'm a basketball fan period and I still think Mark Williams is a fine pick. Like I said earlier the trade was confusing.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Yes…you don’t want to know.  So fuggin ridiculous 

Jordan needs to sell this fuging team. He’s clueless as Tepper. Goddamnit can we just get some solid teams with solid leadership in Charlotte? Is that too much to ask? We’re jokes in 2 leagues. And here I was thinking we were building something with Melo and Miles. Tragic. 

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

So essentially they don’t want too many rookies and are fine with trading a lottery pick for a future pick that will sure to be worse than their current pick along with acquiring some picks for the Greensboro Swarm… like they couldn’t even get a vet player out of the deal? They couldn’t attach Hayward to the deal to offload his salary? They are just giving away picks now…

This is my problem with the trade. I don't mind the player being traded if they liked Williams better. We've seen top 5-20 guys fall before and not be good for the Hornets. My issue is trading a lotto pick for peanuts.

10 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

No idea what the fug is going on.

This is a little better, but not much.

• Beer 1