• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 NBA Draft thread

Captain Morgan

Just now, joemac said:

Jordan needs to sell this fuging team. He’s clueless as Tepper. Goddamnit can we just get some solid teams with solid leadership in Charlotte? Is that too much to ask? We’re jokes in 2 leagues. And here I was thinking we were building something with Melo and Miles. Tragic. 

The Hornets franchise is cursed with bad trades, poor drafting,  and cheap owners. Throw in loaded ping pong balls in the lottery to. 

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

This is my problem with the trade. I don't mind the player being traded if they liked Williams better. We've seen top 5-20 guys fall before and not be good for the Hornets. My issue is trading a lotto pick for peanuts.

This is a little better, but not much.

So we traded Duren because keeping 2 rookies wasn't "prudent" according to Mitch, but traded him for 6 future Greensboro Swarm members? Got fleeced for marbles. No harm in keeping both guys on the roster through summer league before accepting this poo trade, coulda gotten a way more "prudent" deal. 

• Beer 2

Going from pure delight picking Duren to total devastation. I had to step away from the computer for a bit. Just turned on MLB for awhile. This team is painful. So close and I am fine with Mark Williams if that's who they liked. But this trade is a disaster. Giving up 13 for that and not dumping Haywards contract is a massive muppet move. Just terrible. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

Jordan needs to sell this fuging team. He’s clueless as Tepper. Goddamnit can we just get some solid teams with solid leadership in Charlotte? Is that too much to ask? We’re jokes in 2 leagues. And here I was thinking we were building something with Melo and Miles. Tragic. 

I was very reserved about this draft and considered not watching it.   To see what we actually did here makes me even more depressed with this franchise.  We are clueless 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Going from pure delight picking Duren to total devastation. I had to step away from the computer for a bit. Just turned on MLB for awhile. This team is painful. So close and I am fine with Mark Williams if that's who they liked. But this trade is a disaster. Giving up 13 for that and not dumping Haywards contract is a massive muppet move. Just terrible. 

Agree…I just don’t get it…glad to know you Lamelo.   I am really ready for him leaving.  I would 

• Beer 3

20 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I mean we desperately needed Defense and rebounding. Plumlee/Zeller pick and rolls haven't really done poo for us over the last 5 years if they are useless in the paint

Indeed they haven't, however Duren offered better switchability.. Duren could essentially guard 2-5.. you're not getting that with Mark at all..might as well stick with Plumlee defensively in that situation.. on the contrary.. Williams does offer better shot blocking.. pick your poison.. I personally prefer being able to keep the guy in front of you 

1 minute ago, B_Eazi said:

Indeed they haven't, however Duren offered better switchability.. Duren could essentially guard 2-5.. you're not getting that with Mark at all..might as well stick with Plumlee defensively in that situation.. on the contrary.. Williams does offer better shot blocking.. pick your poison.. I personally prefer being able to keep the guy in front of you 

To be fair, I think Mark has much more potential offensively than Mason ever had. He's already a better FT shooter and has a decent shot with some range.