• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 NBA Draft thread

Captain Morgan

So a timeline of how the trade works.

OKC Receives - Ousmane Dieng (from New York - 11th pick in 2022)

New York Receives - 3 first round picks in 2023 (from OKC - one of these is the Denver pick)

Charlotte Receives - The first round pick from New York that belongs to Denver that was acquired from OKC along with four second round picks (from New York)

New York Receives - Jalen Duren (from Charlotte - 13th pick)

Detroite Receives - Kemba Walker and Jalen Duren (from New York)

New York Receives - 2025 first round pick from Detroit that belongs to Milwaukee (from Detroit)

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

How in tf do we not get 2 of those 1sts? Not only that, we get the worst of the 3. If #11 is worth those 3 picks, then surely #13 is worth at least 2 of them. How can you make this move as a GM.

At a glance, this is the kind of move that should get someone fired. 

I'm gonna go back to ignoring the hornets as previously scheduled.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

New York Receives - 3 first round picks in 2023 (from OKC - one of these is the Denver pick)

Charlotte Receives - The first round pick from New York that they acquired from OKC along with four second round picks (from New York)

New York Receives - 2025 first round pick from Detroit that belongs to Milwaukee (from Detroit)

Wow so we didn't even get the 2025 pick? Just the OKC 2023 1st and a bunch of crap 2nd's? But our 2023 is actually the Denver pick which will be in the 20's? OKC's actual pick would at least be in the teens

2 minutes ago, w280sax said:

At a glance, this is the kind of move that should get someone fired. 

I'm gonna go back to ignoring the hornets as previously scheduled.

I thought we fired JB because we wanted to get past the play-in series? Now we got no coach and 500 2nd round picks? I guess I'll be watching all NC sports for comedic value the next couple years

• Beer 1

41 minutes ago, NavyVet said:

@cuttingedge..Not a Duke fan...but people are acting like we passed on Shaq or something. 12 other teams passed on Duren including the Spurs who everybody thought would take him. I'm a basketball fan period and I still think Mark Williams is a fine pick. Like I said earlier the trade was confusing.

They mentioned on espn that Detroit liked duren so much they considered taking him at 5 if Ivey wasn’t there. Not saying he’s Shaq or ever will be but an athletic young big man who can guard multiple positions and rim protect is highly regarded by most competent nba teams. Trading him for peanuts makes no sense. And seeing that Detroit loved him so much we should have dumped or at least got better return

Williams is fine if that’s who they preferred. I just think he’s limited 

• Beer 1

My only thought is that the Hornets will more than likely convey the pick that they traded to New York for Kai Jones next year and they wanted to make sure they had a pick in next years draft.

If they would have acquired Washington’s or Detroit’s pick that New York received when they traded Dieng to OKC then they’d more than likely be without a first round pick next year as both of those picks are lottery protected. The Denver pick that we did receive from New York (via OKC) is also lottery protected but that doesn’t matter, it’ll be in the 20’s.

I got excited just glancing at the ticker and not paying attention to the actual moves.  Ok no bigs to two quality bigs. Woo hoo. NOPE.  It's the NBA ya got to wheel and deal and do dumb schit. I'm just confused.  We landed the top center and dealt him away?  

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

Fire Trash GIF

Pick 13 aside.......

I've calmed down a smidge. I'm excited to see Mark Williams and LaMelo Ball together for however much longer he is here under this regime.

Not me. This is minor league team bad. This is what poverty franchise fans do. They say, well at least we got something when we literally lost value from an easy win situation.

23 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Charlotte Receives - The first round pick from New York that belongs to Denver that was acquired from OKC along with four second round picks (from New York)

Jalen Duren plays for 2 teams…recalculate