• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 NBA Draft thread

Captain Morgan

After sleeping on it, I'm much happier about last night. I trust in Mitch, he hasn't really had a bad move here yet until seemingly last night so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Williams is going to be such a stud for us and is a better fit than Duren. The value for pick 13 seems too low for me but I do understand the aspect of us not having a ton of room for 2 more young players needing to develop and that next year's draft is better than this year's. I'm much happier trading away that pick for futures than if we just traded it to get rid of Hayward's contract which would've been a disaster. We can keep Miles without giving away assets to get rid of Hayward, plus there's the fact that the past 2 years this team has been a playoff team with a healthy Gordon and much worse when he's out. If Gordon can stay relatively healthy and our young guys continue to take steps forward I can absolutely see this team being a top 6 seed in the East.

Now just make the right decision for HC. All my positive thoughts about the team right now would immediately vanish if Clifford comes back. D'Antoni is the play here. With him I could see LaMelo putting up 25/8/7 or similar, on good efficiency.

• Pie 2