• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayfield now leaning toward Seattle?

Mr. Scot

11 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Hoping it's new. I'm so tired of Baker and Jimmy G talk. Almost as tired of them as I was Deshaun Watson talk. Don't want any of them. We should just roll with who we have.

18 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Let the Hawks have him, let someone else have G. Roll with Sammy and Matt and let whatever happens happen.

People acting like we don't want him.  If Seattle is willing to pay 1/2 his salary than who are the idiots.  I admire Fitterer to sticking to his guns about no more than 5 million.

They drafted Corral, let them roll with Sam. Once he's proven for the millionth time he isn't a starting QB go with Corral. 

Personally, I think it is better to let Corral start and get those 1st year QB blues out of the way.   If we lose and he looks lost we are in a position to draft a first round caliber QB.  If he shows promise he might just save Rhule's ass. 

• Beer 1

That seemingly every member of the media is acting as if Jimmy "Bitch" Garoppolo or Baker Mayfield are more likely candidates to be our inevitable veteran QB addition than Cam is truly baffling

Those who want to start Corral can forget it - not happening. It won't be Darnold either.

You're down to Baker, Jimmy or Cam and as a fan of football - out of those three options, if you don't think Cam is the best - you're crazy and your hate for Cam is blinding

Before the high IQ's start telling me it's over bro Cam can't pass anymore - one question - why not see Cam with a great line, great weapons for the first time in his 12 year career?

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Big Willy said:

That seemingly every member of the media is acting as if Jimmy "Bitch" Garoppolo or Baker Mayfield are more likely candidates to be our inevitable veteran QB addition than Cam is truly baffling

Those who want to start Corral can forget it - not happening. It won't be Darnold either.

You're down to Baker, Jimmy or Cam and as a fan of football - out of those three options, if you don't think Cam is the best - you're crazy and your hate for Cam is blinding

Before the high IQ's start telling me it's over bro Cam can't pass anymore - one question - why not see Cam with a great line, great weapons for the first time in his 12 year career?

oh look, hes back

• Beer 3

4 minutes ago, Big Willy said:

Cam Newton was a fantastic QB for the panthers. His shoulder is shot, and once teams figure out his run pattern he is toast. He averaged like 110 yards passing for the Patriots, let that sink in. Mayfield gives the panthers the best chance to win, but his maturity, and ability to gel with teammates are too much to over come. He could be this years Stafford in the right scenario. I hate to say it, but Cam’s time in the NFL may be over.

Just now, philit99 said:

Cam Newton was a fantastic QB for the panthers. His shoulder is shot, and once teams figure out his run pattern he is toast. He averaged like 110 yards passing for the Patriots, let that sink in. Mayfield gives the panthers the best chance to win, but his maturity, and ability to gel with teammates are too much to over come. He could be this years Stafford in the right scenario. I hate to say it, but Cam’s time in the NFL may be over.

Edelman had a career high receiving yards in a game with Cam as the QB. Edelman spent a decade with Tom Brady, but after only a few weeks with Cam, had a career high in receiving.