• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Clifford Returning to Charlotte

Daddy_Uncle

8 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Who is sweeping us is the first round next year while Plumlee plays and Mark Williams sits.

I think Cliff will give Williams every chance he can. He probably sees Williams as a young Howard and he'll get to play his 1 in, 4 out style that he loves.

7 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I think Cliff will give Williams every chance he can. He probably sees Williams as a young Howard and he'll get to play his 1 in, 4 out style that he loves.

Lets revisit this cuz Clifford is not going to play a traditional center as a rookie.   It is not going to happen.  Steve Clifford is smarter than everyone else and bullheaded as hell.   

If it was me we play all the young guys major minutes.   Problem there is Jordan is over here demanding playoffs.  We are fugged…period 

Edited by Shocker

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Lets revisit this cuz Clifford is not going to play a traditional center as a rookie.   It is not going to happen.  Steve Clifford is smarter than everyone else and bullheaded as hell.   

I think he will play the rookie. Williams is everything he wanted when he was here the first time.

Clifford is not smarter than everyone else. That's just a BS statement.

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

I think he will play the rookie. Williams is everything he wanted when he was here the first time.

Clifford is not smarter than everyone else. That's just a BS statement.

He thinks he is smarter than anyone else…that’s the problem 

Didn’t we fire him?  Why?  He is going to turn us around now?   Makes no sense

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

I think it’s important to point out that up until now Kup has not had a major contract come up for renewal.   These are the hard days as a GM.   Picking the obvious best player available in the draft is something but dealing with longer term deals with risk is something completely different 

It's disappointing but y'all are crazy if you think MJ and Mitch are going to give him carte blanche to run the team the same way again. This is the LaMelo show now and they all know that. 

My hope is that with this roster he can be pretty hands off offensively and just give them defensive discipline. And that he was given a stern talk about player development.

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

It's disappointing but y'all are crazy if you think MJ and Mitch are going to give him carte blanche to run the team the same way again. This is the LaMelo show now and they all know that. 

My hope is that with this roster he can be pretty hands off offensively and just give them defensive discipline. And that he was given a stern talk about player development.

Using this logic we could have just given James Borrego a "stern talk" if we were only going to settle for the status quo.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Lot of casuals and whiners in here. Clifford is the last coach to take the Hornets to the playoffs and he’s always had guys play hard for him, but he’s never had a roster as good as this. Soon as LaMelo makes one no-look pass in the season opener, every one of y’all will be excited again.

Oh, and the Hornets can sign him to the max when they want. I’d maybe rather have had D’Antoni, maybe, but let’s be honest. D’Antoni was a big name. Philosophically, he was OG Borrego — and that didn’t work. Clifford won 48 games with Kemba, Big Al, Lin and a bunch of janitors. No team he coached 1) was paired with Mitch as GM, and 2) had this level of talent. 

Yea keep coping carl

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

10 hours ago, frankw said:

The issue with Clifford wasn't his ability as a coach it was his stubborn ways with the rotations and loyalty to vets. When was the last time a sports franchise made a move like this and it worked out successfully? I'll hope for the best and will still watch but there is legitimate concern with this move. To simply dismiss concern as whining is rich considering the same poster has made an entire huddle persona out of lambasting management of the local football team for sketchy decisions.

Clifford’s record is a hell of a lot better than Tepper’s, so yeah, it’s not concern but whining when posters say “I’m not following the hornets anymore,” “worst franchise in the NBA,” “LaMelo is leaving in 2 years.”

This is a roster that had a winning season just last year, and a coach who is the most recent man to take them to the playoffs.

if you’re gonna try to one-up me, using my justified comments on David Tepper’s incessant failures is an interesting way to go.