• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Clifford Returning to Charlotte

Daddy_Uncle

5 hours ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Bro is there really Clifford stans on this board lmao. Cliff is going to limit Melo offensively and play privy to the vets. Mason Plumlee about to average 38 mpg and so will Hayward when not on the bench with a bandaid. I guarantee we take a step back next year. 

Oh man I’d love to take a bet that Plumlee averages 38mpg. I’m all in. Avi bet?

• Beer 1

I wouldn't have hired Clifford but he's coach again so we gotta get over that and support our team. The Hornet's may surprise you guys. I'm going to go ahead and get on the bandwagon.

This is a better coach than Borrego. Mitch has set the next coach up for success with an all of a sudden tall all of a sudden athletic frontcourt.

8 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I wouldn't have hired Clifford but he's coach again so we gotta get over that and support our team. The Hornet's may surprise you guys. I'm going to go ahead and get on the bandwagon.

This is a better coach than Borrego. Mitch has set the next coach up for success with an all of a sudden tall all of a sudden athletic frontcourt.

You have to let the 24 hour reaction period fully play out so everyone can get it out of their system. Think of it as Billy Bob's character from Bad Santa. By Monday hopefully it will have subsided and everyone accepts.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

You have to let the 24 hour reaction period fully play out so everyone can get it out of their system. Think of it as Billy Bob's character from Bad Santa. By Monday hopefully it will have subsided and everyone accepts.

There is no 24 hour period. This team is being run into the ground by cheap decision making. Not getting out of many of our systems. The fan base was already weak and these last few days certainly didn't help.

19 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

There is no 24 hour period. This team is being run into the ground by cheap decision making. Not getting out of many of our systems. The fan base was already weak and these last few days certainly didn't help.

Atkinson. D'Antoni. Clifford. Results wise it's all the same bag really. Especially with a guy like Hayward pulling us down. This article sums it up pretty well regardless of how you might feel about the coaching hire.

https://deadspin.com/hornets-buy-back-favorite-hoodie-from-goodwill-1849109277

• Poo 1

6 hours ago, OldNorthPowell said:

You got to give them some slack. They thought they had their perfect coach in Atkinson and then they didn't. They obviously didn't want Mark Jackson and Jordan and Mitch oddly want to retain most if not all of the coaches. In their eyes they were jilted and embarrassed in public by this guy and the negative media afterwards.

They turned to somebody they could trust, somebody that already wanted the job and wouldn't say no and has always been a coach that was good at making something out of nothing.

I'm not mad here. The trust factor is already there. They really really know each other, Mitch has done waaaaay better than Cho. I would have gave Mark Jackson an interview but I understand why Jordan hired someone who would be more loyal.

Unfinished business apparently. It is what it is now. Cliff doesn't shoot. I've already moved past it. You should too. If they sign Miles, Mitch has done well this off-season and this squad is automatically better defensively with 7'2" Williams and Kai coming into the lineup after killing the G League.

Experience at coach is what we were missing, a young defensive big was what we were missing. Beelieve!

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

7 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Jordan and Mitch oddly want to retain most if not all of the coaches.

It's been a common part of past discussions about the failures of the franchise but this is obviously Jordan being cheap and honestly nobody should ever argue otherwise anymore. The guy is a cheapskate.

The last thing you want to do is develop a player out of college into star just to clutch the purse when they ball out.

At the same time Miles needs to look at a guy like Kemba, he probably wishes the negotiation to stay in Charlotte some way, some how would have been achieved.

Miles said publicly that he wants to stay a Hornet. It's more up to him than anyone. Of course the team wants a team friendly deal so they can keep more talent. So tell your agent to make a deal that doesn't embarrass the player and keep it teal.

Sometimes you actually have to give the discount your agent doesn't want you to to stay where you want to play.  NBA players make a lot of money anyways, he'll be rich regardless. Chase happiness not the damn dirty $$$.

• Beer 1