• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Clifford Returning to Charlotte

Daddy_Uncle

4 hours ago, rippadonn said:

The last thing you want to do is develop a player out of college into star just to clutch the purse when they ball out.

At the same time Miles needs to look at a guy like Kemba, he probably wishes the negotiation to stay in Charlotte some way, some how would have been achieved.

Miles said publicly that he wants to stay a Hornet. It's more up to him than anyone. Of course the team wants a team friendly deal so they can keep more talent. So tell your agent to make a deal that doesn't embarrass the player and keep it teal.

Sometimes you actually have to give the discount your agent doesn't want you to to stay where you want to play.  NBA players make a lot of money anyways, he'll be rich regardless. Chase happiness not the damn dirty $$$.

You make some good points...

...but I don't think Miles has the maturity or team around him to take a long-range view and make decisions accordingly.

11 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

You make some good points...

...but I don't think Miles has the maturity or team around him to take a long-range view and make decisions accordingly.

We don't have agents and family and homeboys in our ear telling us we would dominate elsewhere. 

I'm on the Miles Bridges bandwagon his BEST career decision would be to stay here with Melo the grass isn't always greener for 6'6" forwards 

41 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

We don't have agents and family and homeboys in our ear telling us we would dominate elsewhere. 

Exactly.  

He has too much going on to make an unfettered decision and frankly the "influences" surrounding him are concerning. 

41 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I'm on the Miles Bridges bandwagon his BEST career decision would be to stay here with Melo the grass isn't always greener for 6'6" forwards 

His "BEST" career decision is to sign the largest contract he is offered -- and if that's not the Bobcats personally I will have no problem with the decision (from the perspective of the team).

Edited by SizzleBuzz

Just MJ pulling a joke right?.... yea its been a few days, but this cannot be real??

Such disappointment, I was interested in the draft and that was also disappointing. Clear as day when you see MJ stick his failed owner nose into the team. So scared to pay a tax that you trade away a lotto pick AND it was a Dwight howard-like upside stud. Then once the new hired coach starts asking funds for his staff, MJ grips tighter to his purse. Kevin sees the light and stays with the warriors. 

Glad the true colors are shown again, shame on me for thinking otherwise. Total JOKE.  

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

So scared to pay a tax that you trade away a lotto pick AND it was a Dwight howard-like upside stud.

I don't mind that they traded the pick. Kai Jones is an extremely similar player that needs playing time. They should have made sure to get a better return in the trade or selected a 3 and D guy. Can't have too many shooters in today's NBA.

28 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I don't mind that they traded the pick. Kai Jones is an extremely similar player that needs playing time. They should have made sure to get a better return in the trade or selected a 3 and D guy. Can't have too many shooters in today's NBA.

I do truly like Kai, but this was a young modern C. Just seemed all teams knew the hornets were moving off 13 no matter what. The 10th pick netted THREE 1s and wolves later on got 22 29 for 19 and future 2.......Hornets had the worst return by far, terrible in fact given its denvers 1st and they were missing good players and still made the playoffs....so in fact the pick could be closer to 28 in 2023 than 13th this year! 

Not saying this stud will be a real 1st team all-nbaer, just sucks hard to give away the rights to him for that return. I do feel like williams is more ready for NBA minutes and a better fit for hornets......but that was pure slop return and it boils down to MJ not wanting to pay tax for a guy that may need to sit 1.5 years. MJ needs to find others real men to invest, just so pissed that I let myself believe again and the new coach and draft happened as a cruel reminder.

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

33 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I do truly like Kai, but this was a young modern C. Just seemed all teams knew the hornets were moving off 13 no matter what. The 10th pick netted THREE 1s and wolves later on got 22 29 for 19 and future 2.......Hornets had the worst return by far, terrible in fact given its denvers 1st and they were missing good players and still made the playoffs....so in fact the pick could be closer to 28 in 2023 than 13th this year! 

Not saying this stud will be a real 1st team all-nbaer, just sucks hard to give away the rights to him for that return. I do feel like williams is more ready for NBA minutes and a better fit for hornets......but that was pure slop return and it boils down to MJ not wanting to pay tax for a guy that may need to sit 1.5 years. MJ needs to find others real men to invest, just so pissed that I let myself believe again and the new coach and draft happened as a cruel reminder.

Yeah, that trade was one of the worst returns I've seen in some time. And I agree that all the offseason moves so far scream MJ is being cheap. This is concerning but I'm not worried about it being something that runs Ball off. The Hornets are the only team that can give him a supermax deal, which is getting around $225 million currently. When LaMelo's rookie contract is up, supermax contracts will probably be in the $250 million range. I just don't see anyone that qualifies for that kind of money walking away from it nor do I see MJ not giving his star that sort of deal when the time comes. The fans would abandon the team in droves if he did.

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

No one is really trading players right now and won’t until we’re closer to free agency. If we want to try and offload any of our bad contracts we needed future draft picks and we didn’t have a first next year. Mitch wasn’t looking for more picks in this draft because they don’t help us in any way unless you want to increase the risk of losing Miles. If a team misses out on a key free agent they may be more inclined to take on a guy like Hayward with a future first and a few seconds included. 

Not a ton of future picks were moved in this draft and after a few of the coveted players were gone the big trades really died down. If we had a top 10 pick the return would have been much better. 12 teams passed on Duren and the value of pick 13 took a nose dive just like his draft position.

Mitch got the player he wanted and created the possibility for future roster moves that wouldn’t be possible without this trade.

I have no issues with the trade. Rehiring Clifford on the other hand, Ooh Wee Mayne.