• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets Summer League Roster

Daddy_Uncle

So far, Brady Manek (UNC/Oklahoma), Justin Minaya (Providence/South Carolina), and Isaiah Whaley (UCONN) look to be on the roster… I assume they’ll be joining James Bouknight, Kai Jones, JT Thor, Bryce McGowens, and Mark Williams.

Theoretically they could also invite Scottie Lewis and Arnoldas Kulboka though both are restricted free agents.

Then you have some guys from the Swarm who may join: Luke Maye (was acquired last year in a G-League trade but was overseas when the trade went through, he’s now back in NC), LiAngelo Ball (who know’s what the situation is here), D.J. Carton, Joe Chealey, Jalen Crutcher, Cameron McGriff, and Jarrell Brantley.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

15 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Looks like Bouknight just had surgery and won’t be playing Summer League ball, it’s a shame cause he could have used it.

It seems like every time we have an exciting second year player he gets injured before or during summer league. Hopefully Kai will be good to go. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I hope we don’t go into this years summer league without an actual point guard again, last year was painful to watch.

Would be great if we could get a PG who will play like an actual PG. I get sick of watching guys think they are MJ/Kobe/whoever and play ISO ball and never distribute to our actual prospects. 

• Pie 2

Summer League team is out.

G - Scottie Lewis

G - Jalen Crutcher

G - Ty-Shon Alexander

G - LJ Figueroa

G/F - Bryce McGowens

F - JT Thor

F - LiAngelo Ball

F - Brady Manek

F - Cameron McGriff

F - Justin Minaya

F - Isaiah Whaley

F/C - Kai Jones

C - Mark Williams

C - Nick Richards

Looks like the Hornets have once again decided to go into summer league play without solid point guard play. Jalen Crutcher is probably the only true point guard on the roster.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

31 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Summer League team is out.

G - Scottie Lewis

G - Jalen Crutcher

G - Ty-Shon Alexander

G - LJ Figueroa

G/F - Bryce McGowens

F - JT Thor

F - LiAngelo Ball

F - Brady Manek

F - Cameron McGriff

F - Justin Minaya

F - Isaiah Whaley

F/C - Kai Jones

C - Mark Williams

C - Nick Richards

Looks like the Hornets have once again decided to go into summer league play without solid point guard play. Jalen Crutcher is probably the only true point guard on the roster.

This is my team. I've had high-ish hopes for Scottie Lewis since I saw him at the McDonald's All American Game. Kai Jones is my dude. I like Justin Minaya since his freshman year. And then Bryce McGowens is a local kid that went to my high school. Fun group. 

1 minute ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

This is my team. I've had high-ish hopes for Scottie Lewis since I saw him at the McDonald's All American Game. Kai Jones is my dude. I like Justin Minaya since his freshman year. And then Bryce McGowens is a local kid that went to my high school. Fun group. 

Just wish we had another ball handler that could get all these guys open shots.