• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets Summer League Roster

Daddy_Uncle

Looking good today…Manek should find a spot IMO

Honestly it appears Kia needs more time.  Serious flashes but he needs to get a lot more fundamentally sound and execute plays with much more precision 

McGowens looks like another gem in the 2nd.   Smooth player

Williams is huge but needs time to get comfortable in the offense.  Needs to be more patient let things come to him

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Hornets beat the Cavs 91-80

Hornets looked solid today, all around good performance by all the guys. What really helped was not playing three bigs together.

The Hornets two draft picks were the team leaders today:

Bryce McGowens - 24 points (70% FG, 83% 3P, 83% FT), 2 rebounds, 1 assist, +/-0

Mark Williams - 12 points (67% FG), 8 rebounds (2 off), 2 blocks, 2 steals, 1 assist, +4

• Pie 2

On 7/11/2022 at 7:20 PM, WOW!! said:

The guy is a troll at this point I skip his post like the lifetime network channel..

Hahhaha look at my history buddy. Mark my words Duren will be a star. Look up Summer league first teams. He is the Center in every one. Again, just turned 18 youngest player in the draft and has been a star.

On 7/12/2022 at 1:13 AM, amcoolio said:

Duren isn't a miss, but Eason is.

I was begging the Hornets to not do anything stupid and just take Eason and Williams at 13 and 15, and we had a chance to do it, yet we traded away for nothing.

I'm officially on the fire Kupchak and clean house bandwagon after tonight. If we didn't get lucky and move up ONLY to 3rd (because we'd be dumb enough to take Wiseman 1 or 2 over Edwards and LaMelo), we'd have one of the worst futures in all of sports. 

I honestly think the RealGM Hornets board collective can and will have done a better job GM'ing the team than the two jabronis they have had over the last 12 years.

They both are huge misses. You guys are just hating on Duren now b/c you cant admit you are wrong. Duren is 18 and already has a nasty NBA body... will develop a shot and would DESTROY Williams with his strength and freaky athleticism. Williams moves wayyyy too slow out there to play against non summer league NBA guys. Looked terrible against freaking Shareef Oneal...

Edited by Jared Patterson

My whole point is.... If you think the Hornets are going to make the playoffs or made the right moves at the draft, I want what you are smoking. This team got worse and I would be shocked if Williams is anything but an 8th man rotation player at best throughout his entire career. 

Edited by Jared Patterson