• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets Summer League Roster

Daddy_Uncle

11 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

How did you know 🤣. Was more frustrated with not taking Duren/Eason and just how bad the value of the trade was more than anything and taking a lot of that out on Williams, but I truly don't think he will ever be more than a shot blocker/ 8th man off the bench type of guy. 

I was upset about the trade as well. Felt we lost a lot of value there. But that wasn’t Williams fault and I disagree on his potential in the league. He’s got a nice looking free throw. Good form and shot it at a high percentage which indicates he can develop a jump shot in the next few years. And his ability to defend is elite. 

1 hour ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I was upset about the trade as well. Felt we lost a lot of value there. But that wasn’t Williams fault and I disagree on his potential in the league. He’s got a nice looking free throw. Good form and shot it at a high percentage which indicates he can develop a jump shot in the next few years. And his ability to defend is elite. 

I will be very surprised if he ever gets minutes in the NBA..... lol at the defense is elite comment. Dudes not athletic enough to play in the league. He can only block a few shots in the charge zone in the paint and that's it. Just imagine him guarding a screen and role. We screwed up the trade and the pick was just as bad if not worse.

1 hour ago, Jared Patterson said:

I will be very surprised if he ever gets minutes in the NBA..... lol at the defense is elite comment. Dudes not athletic enough to play in the league. He can only block a few shots in the charge zone in the paint and that's it. Just imagine him guarding a screen and role. We screwed up the trade and the pick was just as bad if not worse.

We’ll see. I think your assessment is pretty damn stupid. You think that mine is. No point in continuing to discuss it with you. 

It’s pretty damn early on to assume Williams will or won’t be a great player here.  Anyone questioning our need for a defensive big hasn’t been watching the team the last few seasons.  

Now, the draft trade I just disagree with as there were a number of players that could have helped this team IMO

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

Im assuming the Mark Williams fans like Steve Clifford as well. He is perfect for the sloth like half court slow pace game he likes to play. How the hell do you guys think Mark Williams can keep up with Lamelo w/o passing out?

They didn't have that guy that's why they got him.

They didn't have anybody like him when playoff time came around and the half court game became important.

Teams with those types of players gave us a very hard time because we could only play small ball.

Long term I think Duren will be flashier maybe better scorer but that's a IF in the NBA for guys with his frame much like Kai, will they ever see that "potential", well maybe when they "bulk up".

Ryan Hollins is a good example. We drafted him, you saw the potential, he wasn't a bad pick but he needed to bulk up. He had a good career and he did bulk up but it wasn't here, it took time to get to prime Ryan Hollins, probably the same with Kai, although the young man has been looking swole after a full year.

Williams is what he is already, already big, already 7'2", already 250lbs, already a good rim defender, already a shot blocker and already a center that looks like not many men will be pushing him around in the post.

Now vs later 

• Pie 2

On 7/14/2022 at 9:00 PM, Jared Patterson said:

Hows Mark Williams doing? Will remind you this every day until you delete your account.

bro reading your posts is painful. you have no clue about basketball. williams will likely start and his best attributes are his rim protection ability and his high efficiency scoring. early candidate for DPOY just based on role and usage. 

10 minutes ago, SameDamnThing said:

bro reading your posts is painful. you have no clue about basketball. williams will likely start and his best attributes are his rim protection ability and his high efficiency scoring. early candidate for DPOY just based on role and usage. 

HAHAHAHA you're trolling me right? Have you watched him this summer league? Start? DPOY? He cant even start over Nick Richards in summer league..... AND got dominated by a UDFA from Marquette. You are the one who has no clue about basketball. Im pretty sure you are just joking though just to see my reaction. I know you aren't serious. And if you are please delete your account. 

Edited by Jared Patterson

14 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

HAHAHAHA you're trolling me right? Have you watched him this summer league? Start? DPOY? He cant even start over Nick Richards in summer league..... AND got dominated by a UDFA from Marquette. You are the one who has no clue about basketball. Im pretty sure you are just joking though just to see my reaction. I know you aren't serious. And if you are please delete your account. 

buzzlightyear-toystory.gif