• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke joining the Broadcast team

ncfan

Just now, Tr3ach said:

He clearly doesnt want to put that much time in to football right now.  That happens after people retire.  That's why he quit scouting after a year despite peoples conspiracies because they dont like Rhule so they decided it was for other reasons.

Yeah I wish he would have a change of heart. I think he would make a hell of a good coach. 

4 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

Yeah I wish he would have a change of heart. I think he would make a hell of a good coach. 

He would make a great coach, but if I was his age and financially set for life, I'm pretty sure the last thing I'd wanna do is throw all my time into my job.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

42 minutes ago, BrianS said:

He would make a great coach, but if I was his age and financially set for life, I'm pretty sure the last thing I'd wanna do is throw all my time into my job.

It's not hard to imagine that someone who threw himself into the game as much as he did for a lot of years might be a little burnt out.

3 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Would like to see him at DC. He could literally tell the defense what is being ran.

He is not going into coaching. He could have started down that path already but he has not.  Obviously he does not want (or need that time commitment.)  I bet he has talked with Greg since he is pursuing the broadcast route. Hoping he does well with this part time gig and it leads to big things ($$$$) for the future. I think it will take big money to compete with fishing.

• Pie 2

He ain’t coaching. It’s not in him and that’s ok. How many elite, top athletes have successfully transitioned to coaching? Not many. Most of the coaches are the players who did not compete at a high level, rode the bench, or were role players and were able to learn and develop that way. 

8 hours ago, 4Corners said:

He ain’t coaching. It’s not in him and that’s ok. How many elite, top athletes have successfully transitioned to coaching? Not many. Most of the coaches are the players who did not compete at a high level, rode the bench, or were role players and were able to learn and develop that way. 

This. This right here is why I can’t quit these boards. You just have a way of explaining things. You touch on points that no one else has already thought of. You are 100% right. Just quickly looking through a list, Bill, not a top player. Andy Reid, not a top player. Mike tomlin, not a top player. Heck, even Matt Rhule, not a top player.

keep it up my man.