• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Observer loses another beat reporter

trueblade

7 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Since I have seen a fair number of beat reporters leave. Is it safe to assume that beat reporters aren’t necessarily fans of the team they are covering. 
(Ignore. For some reason it double posted.)

Jonathan has been a Panthers fan for several years. This was all a business decision. 

The observer is trash. At this point they should stop their panthers coverage and just run AP articles on the panthers. It’s a revolving door over there since person left for the athletic, and if you can’t replace person than idk what the hell you’re doing. 

there hasn’t been anything worthwhile from the observer on the panthers in years. It’s truly pathetic and a disgrace that a market the size of Charlotte has as bad of sports section as they do. 

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Says a lot about the Observer if you lose a beat reporter to go cover a team he isn’t a fan of. This keeps happening. 

The Observer is trash but business is business. Yeah, all things being equal I'd rather cover a team I'm a fan of, but offer me significantly more money and a better professional opportunity to cover another team and I'm gonna be gone. Just the way it is. If you're an engineer who grew up a Ford fan and go to work for them but GM offers you 50% more to work for them you'd be crazy to turn it down.

2 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Says a lot about the Observer if you lose a beat reporter to go cover a team he isn’t a fan of. This keeps happening. 

You realize the difference between beat reporters and fan bloggers, right?

10 hours ago, Wolfcop said:
18 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Since I have seen a fair number of beat reporters leave. Is it safe to assume that beat reporters aren’t necessarily fans of the team they are covering. 
(Ignore. For some reason it double posted.)

Jonathan has been a Panthers fan for several years. This was all a business decision. 

Shelby native, high school in Gastonia, journalism degree from UNC-Chapel Hill…

…odds are good JJ is a lifetime Panthers fan.

• Pie 1