• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Observer loses another beat reporter

trueblade

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Probably a better salary, too.  It seems like a lateral move to cover an even bigger circus that the Panthers.  There had to be a lure.  Either better money or he was complete done working at the Observer.  If it's the later, that's pretty damning.  Again, I doubt people were lining up to be the beat reporter of the Texans.

Probably both. Honestly, journalism has taken such a massive hit with the rise of the internet that every position is probably very competitive. That isn't exactly a market conducive to great pay either. Seems like the only way to make bank as a "journalist" these days is to rave like a maniac on cable news. 

• Beer 1

34 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Probably a better salary, too.  It seems like a lateral move to cover an even bigger circus that the Panthers.  There had to be a lure.  Either better money or he was complete done working at the Observer.  If it's the later, that's pretty damning.  Again, I doubt people were lining up to be the beat reporter of the Texans.

There are certainly parts of Texas I'd rather live than Charlotte....Houston isn't one of them, but it could just be a good change of scenery.

Or more likely, the observer is crap.

36 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

They have triple the twitter followers, 4x the monthly page views, def money. But yeah, Jourdan, Jonathan Jones, Alaina Getzenberg, it's a problem. Can't get rid of Scott Fowler though

• Pie 4

4 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Oh, I get it's a reflection on the Observer...but how bad does it get where taking a job to cover the Texans is a seen a better career choice?  Pretty bad obviously.

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Houston is a much bigger market than Charlotte though.

Houston pop..2.3 million

Charlotte pop...873k