• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ellis Williams Charlotte Observer: Panthers SHOULD Trade for Mayfield sooner than later

8 hours ago, RenoCarolina said:

I wish media, especially local media, would just let this go. I understand browns would love us to rid them of one of their problems but local guys, stop taking the bait  

Would much rather hear about how McAdoo has a chance to turn this offense (and team) around. 

I doubt that’s happening (the turnaround)

13 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

I don't think the issue is finding it. It's the building of the transportation that will hold us up based on earthly science and materials to this point. There have been thousands of habitable planets found in the milky way alone to this point. Also fug Baker Mayfield. What a mistake that would be. 

Maybe but I doubt we send millions of people there before we check it out in person, so that’s all part of the process. 

32 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

Trading picks for a minor improvement is dumb considering he's got one year on his contract. It's pretty simple 

Yeah exactly this. We're not winning a SB with Mayfield. He's either a 1 year temp., or we sign him long term and be average indefinitely. He is an improvement, but not enough of an improvement at this time, unless the goal is to tread water.

• Pie 1

I would get excited if we traded for Baker and all it cost us is some cap space and a low round pick.

IF we did land him, then you do a wide open training camp competition. Baker vs Darnold. 

That said, my preference would be to go all in on Darnold. Sink or swim and save all draft capital for next year's QB. 

• Beer 1