• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Forget a QB trade at this point

Jmac

46 minutes ago, Jmac said:

They should roll with what they have. Start Darnold and work Corral in during the season. P.J will be the backup. They aren't going any where this year anyway. 

Just let it go and play the cards they have.

...its complicated....Start and play Darn Hold....insures us a high pick in 23 and this year is a wash ... again!..... I say try to do all you can to win now...Corral...Mayfield... which if that occurred would keep that fat jowled, hasenpfeffe eatin fhule around for another year.... pick your poison ...

• Beer 1

That is it. Giving up anything other than Sam for Baker just to win a 6th game is just a waste. If Corral isn't the answer then their won't be a long term solution on our roster this year no matter what we do at this point. Brining in any of the vets available is just something for the media to talk about to fill the void and not an actual quality move for us. It's Corral or bust at this point, everyone just needs to catchup to that fact. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

I think Matt Corral can get us 8 wins and give us hope that we have a future franchise quarterback. I know CJ Stroud, and Brice Young, etc are coming out next year but it is no guarantee that they are going to pan out in the NFL. It's the roll of the dice. But what we do know is Sam Darnold is definitely not it at quarterback. I say give the young rookie a chance.

• Pie 1

I don’t really wanna look ahead, but, if Corral happens to show real real growth and we take his leash off.. end up with a poor record anyways, just take Will Anderson (the real best player in this class and honestly the best pass rusher I’ve seen in college). 

Trading for a one-year flyer does nothing to help the organization in the long run except help Rhule try to win this year and keep his job. Which with how often Tepper keeps saying how he believes in Rhule's "process" and "brand" he might have a longer leash than any of us realize and winning or losing this year might not even matter. I like baker as a QB and there's no question that he's defiantly better than Darnold and corral at the moment. But we drafted Corral with high hopes that he can be our long-term starter and we need to find out if he can be the answer sooner rather than later and trading for baker or jimmy just delays that even further. If we lose this year but Corral looks good, then we can trade our high pick to a QB needy team and continue to build this team around Corral and if he looks bad, we just take a QB in the draft and we move on. 

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

That is it. Giving up anything other than Sam for Baker just to win a 6th game is just a waste. If Corral isn't the answer then their won't be a long term solution on our roster this year no matter what we do at this point. Brining in any of the vets available is just something for the media to talk about to fill the void and not an actual quality move for us. It's Corral or bust at this point, everyone just needs to catchup to that fact. 

The Rock Clapping GIF

• Beer 2