• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral: The Biggest Underdog in The NFL

We got a steal in the third--a diamond in the rough. Considering our needs, we could not have had a better draft.  MC needs to be brought along, however, so it is up to our coaching staff to close the deal.   McAdoo will make or break his career with Corral.

image.jpeg.50464ee933508971f33f51cac999133c.jpeg

We KNOW this--MC will be our starting QB no later than 2023. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

start him day one. 

Early reports are he's having trouble pre snap but is doing well after.  Got to get that up to speed first. That's a crucial part of the job. He has to get everyone set and have time to read the defense before the clock runs out. I seriously doubt he can read an nfl defense well enough at this stage. Fingers crossed 🤞

I would love to have him start though.  He still has a lot to learn despite my hopes that he can be the guy.  

• Pie 5

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Early reports are he's having trouble pre snap but is doing well after.  Got to get that up to speed first. That's a crucial part of the job. He has to get everyone set and have time to read the defense before the clock runs out. I seriously doubt he can read an nfl defense well enough at this stage. Fingers crossed 🤞

I would love to have him start though.  He still has a lot to learn despite my hopes that he can be the guy.  

I hope we start him when he is ready, not when we need him because we are out of options.  I think you would agree with that.

• Pie 1

Just now, MHS831 said:

I hope we start him when he is ready, not when we need him because we are out of options.  I think you would agree with that.

That's they only way you should start a rookie.  You are doing him a disservice by throwing him out there when he's not ready to execute the full playbook comfortably.  He has to have enough film study with a vet qb and a coach that can teach him how to read nfl defenses.  Does he have that here?  I surely hope so.

• Pie 2

44 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Give him the Jared Goff treatment like McVay did (In his ear with the info each and every snap). 

I think the reading of the defense part is over-blown a little if communication is live until I believe 15 secs on the play-clock. Likely not available with Brady given he literally had ''0'' OC experience, and not defending Rhule, but in an interview a while back I don't think he wanted Brady, but it was a decision that was funneled from up top, they wanted a ''slam dunk'' hire that off-season and Brady was the hottest name at the time. I still don't think his compensation was ever made public.

Corall could turn around our franchise if he does indeed pan out, but let’s hamper expectations for his initial impact he’s still a third round pick going into his first season. Let him and Sam battle it out for the starting role, no need to throw Corall into the fire yet.

51 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

best way to learn is to do. he'll get it figured out and he's not got a fragile psyche so he'll be able to handle the pressure and overcome/learn from mistakes rather than get shaken by them and crumble. the dude is tough and tenacious.

• Pie 2