• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Miles arrested on felony domestic violence

Captain Morgan

On 7/8/2022 at 10:47 AM, rippadonn said:

Yeah, sad situation. We've heard about what's he's been doing but stuff is starting to surface about general disfunctionality in the relationship.

Hoping the best but it's seemingly obvious these two adults are hurting each other. Don't know if any of that can be salvaged. Was just searching the interwebs and found this....

No excuse. Just walk away. But as always there are two sides to every story.

This video is complete sh*t…

…what an assh*le the narrator is 🖕🖕🖕

…and shame on you for posting and lending any credence to it whatsoever 🖕🖕🖕.

Edited by SizzleBuzz

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Basbear said:

Isnt there an update to this?- I seen where his GF has taken down the pictures and isnt planning on helping the DA......without her help, this could alllll go away..

It's always the scumydickbags(with millions+) who get lucky... 

If Watson can get the biggest fully guaranteed contract ever then Bridges will probably play in the NBA again. I believe we still have his rights so would be a question of whether we'd ever welcome him back or not. My guess honestly is MJ says fug it and we keep him. As a fan who doesn't want to lose Melo, I would accept it.

6 minutes ago, t96 said:

If Watson can get the biggest fully guaranteed contract ever then Bridges will probably play in the NBA again. I believe we still have his rights so would be a question of whether we'd ever welcome him back or not. My guess honestly is MJ says fug it and we keep him. As a fan who doesn't want to lose Melo, I would accept it.

I think marrying the Hornets to Miles now is a mistake regardless of how the case turns out. It's sad but he is the bad influence on LaMelo we were all worried about. Kid just turned 21 and he's already about that life with his flashy cars and IG models. This is a pivotal moment in LaMelo's career; bringing Miles sends back the wrong message and is putting a lot of trust in the guy to turn himself around.

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

I think marrying the Hornets to Miles now is a mistake regardless of how the case turns out. It's sad but he is the bad influence on LaMelo we were all worried about. Kid just turned 21 and he's already about that life with his flashy cars and IG models. This is a pivotal moment in LaMelo's career; bringing Miles sends back the wrong message and is putting a lot of trust in the guy to turn himself around.

Definitely a fair point and concern, but at the end of the day if we're bottom dwellers, Melo is gonna bolt. If not Miles we need some way to drastically improve this team to get to be at the very least a consistent playoff team. And at some point we'll have to elevate from there to winning some series'. Miles' shitshow situation is absolutely brutal for the team but I'm just not sure we have any other options than to consider keeping him as some of the storm blows over (with stipulations and of course will need significant PR work). Or knocking our drafts out of the park and player development, on the sooner side. But with Clifford back as HC, and early returns on some of our recent picks, I have very little confidence in that.

• Pie 2

Miles is just more foolishness waiting to happen. He showed what he was really about when he went posting clips on IG the day after like nothing happened and we know what went on before with the lean. Just not a good influence on the rest of the team and eventually it will bite us again.

15 hours ago, Lurk21 said:

The only thing I could see is Miles balling out and improving his stock and trade value. The more time that goes by, the more  he becomes a tradeable asset. If people  can forget what Tyreke Hill did.... 

That'll just make it harder for LaMelo to let go. If they let Miles take the court again they should just keep him.

3 hours ago, MechaZain said:

That'll just make it harder for LaMelo to let go. If they let Miles take the court again they should just keep him.

I could see either scenario  but at the moment, I'd like to think they are wondering what those contract demands would be next year with a possible  headache down the rd if he cuts a fool. Tough spot to decide. 

5 hours ago, MechaZain said:

Maybe, depends who could be available that is a true superstar/upgrade. We're not getting Durant but in a year or two could there be a different big name ticket we could trade for with a package around Bridges, Terry, other young guys we have, picks, etc.? This team's only chance at relevance in LaMelo and we need to do whatever we can to get to being competitive while he's here or he's going to bolt. If that happens this franchise would be at an all time low, which is really saying something.

• Beer 1

• 2 weeks later...