• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte Hornets Free Agency Moves

So essentially the only way for the Hornets to add anyone (like Ayton) is to trade Hayward to a team with a ton of cap space (Indiana) and attach picks and young players. Or do a sign and trade which would also require picks and players… this organization man… unfortunately New Orleans already has a team or else I’d drive the Hornets to the fugging airport myself.

• Poo 1

6 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

So essentially the only way for the Hornets to add anyone (like Ayton) is to trade Hayward to a team with a ton of cap space (Indiana) and attach picks and young players. Or do a sign and trade which would also require picks and players… this organization man… unfortunately New Orleans already has a team or else I’d drive the Hornets to the fugging airport myself.

Do you know if trading Rozier would give us room?  Not ideal but I feel like they would have shipped Hayward by now if anyone was interested. 

1 minute ago, MechaZain said:

Do you know if trading Rozier would give us room?  Not ideal but I feel like they would have shipped Hayward by now if anyone was interested. 

Yeah, it doesn’t have to be Hayward, it can be Rozier as well. Essentially any sort of combination of salaries that gets us in the $20M to $25M range, if you couple that with say $5M of cap space then you can offer a $30M contract to someone (at this point only Ayton is left). The problem is teams are probably going to want Bouknight, Jones, and picks to take on these contracts.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Man the money bring thrown around is insane…

Jokic and the Denver Nuggets agreed Thursday to a $264 supermax extension, according to a person with direct knowledge of the negotiations who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because neither the player nor team announced the agreement. 

It begins with the 2023-24 season and continues through 2027-28 - when, should Jokic exercise his option for that season, he could make roughly $60 million.

With the way these contracts are going, it's going to cost 325 million or more to resign Ball in a couple years.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Wanted to see where we were cap wise with our current roster, taking Bridges off and assuming we rescind his offer for obvious reasons.

G - Ball

G - Rozier, Martin, Bouknight

F - Hayward, Oubre

F - Washington, McDaniels, Thor, Jones

C - Plumlee, Williams, Richards

Two Way - McGowens (won’t count against the cap)

RFA’s (expecting back) - Martin

RFA’s (not expecting back) - Bridges, Lewis, Kubolka

UFA’s (expecting back) - None

UFA’s (not expecting back) - Harrell, Thomas

This leaves two roster spots (and one two way spot - does not count against the cap) with around $7M in cap space. Unfortunately, the only way to add a big piece is going to be through a sign and trade. Additionally, I’m expecting us to use the MLE on Kemba when he becomes available. If the Hornets don’t do a sign and trade then they’d have all of $2M in cap space to fill out their roster. The Hornets can open up around an additional $3M in cap space by waving McDaniels and Richards but it’s unlikely that would happen. They have to make a decision on Richards by next weekend and McDaniels by early August.

Could always play McDaniels and Thor at the 3 as well. I'd gladly part with Oubre or Hayward.

Minnesota just traded for Rudy Gobert

What do you think Melo is thinking watching Minnesota build around Anthony Edwards and Detroit build around Cade Cunningham.  Then see what the Hornets have done to help him.

And then sit here and thinking why he should or shouldn’t sign his extension here next offseason 

• Pie 3

48 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Minnesota just traded for Rudy Gobert

What do you think Melo is thinking watching Minnesota build around Anthony Edwards and Detroit build around Cade Cunningham.  Then see what the Hornets have done to help him.

And then sit here and thinking why he should or shouldn’t sign his extension here next offseason 

This is why I have been down on the team. It is not that I hate Charlotte. I just know they are setting themselves up for failure. Fans are frustrated and tired of this crap. 

• Pie 5

Not trying to be positive polly over here, but there's some reason for optimism compared to years prior. if you want to project that lamelo will want to go elsewhere, how often does that happen on the first extension when the home team is offering max? sincerely, I really don't know the answer to that but it doesn't seem to happen much with franchise centerpieces. the team had obvious holes last year and they got inadequately filled. we got a big now that can at least do his part in rebounding and rim protecting and for a big part of the year we were the highest scoring team in basketball last year. with the way JB played him last year, Bouknight might as well be a rookie too. as sad as the situation with miles is, y'all know it probably means he's coming back here tail between his legs and the only max he's getting is a supermax with protective custody. 

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, DamnItJake! said:

I came here to try to be positive.!!!but if we can get Durant to be an epic team guy.. we could possibly turn a small town team into a winnner!! Offer him a lot of bbq.. goto Miami he will get herpes??

KD could win here. IF there is/was anything redeemable of the Bridges situation it would/would've be/been a contention situation.

KD replaces that scoring and then some.

6 hours ago, rippadonn said:

KD could win here. IF there is/was anything redeemable of the Bridges situation it would/would've be/been a contention situation.

KD replaces that scoring and then some.

I don’t think you understand. KD is a mental midget who only wants to go to a team where he can coast to a championship and not be under any real pressure to carry the team or help build anything. It hasn’t worked for him. That’s definitely not charlotte.