• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield is a Carolina Panther

uncfan888

The Panthers are definitely a better team now. That doesnt mean we are good, but at least competitive. I don't see the logic in this trade unless you(the front office) believes he is a long term solution at QB. I had us at around 6 wins now I think that puts us at 8 or 9.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Call Me James said:

Wasted a 3rd on Corral. This FO continues to make strange moves. 

Well hopefully we at least wait until the end of the season to extend him, if we go that route. Otherwise, Corral won't need to get onto the field this year, and we obviously are not in contention for a top QB next year. That is what is strange to me.

• Pie 1

all this does is highlight how pointless the 2022 season is.  Because when it comes to a conclusion......we won't have anything at the QB spot worth talking about.  We will just be able to talk about a 3rd rounder who never got to show anything.   

I'd rather watch Baker than Sam though.  I'd probably rather watch Baker react to being in the Rhule shitshow too.   I mean, if Teddy was too strong of a personality for Rhule.....I'm sure Baker will be too. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I don’t love it because IMHO it mean Corral isn’t going to get any first team reps so of course we’ll have no clue if he’s the future and our pick in 2023 will again not be high enough to get the best couple QBs.

If Mayfield looks amazing and leads us to the playoffs, great. If we end up with 5-8 wins, we again screwed up our QB spot for a one year retread. Unfortunately, I see the latter as more likely than the former.

That's assuming that Darnold stays on the roster. They arent going to just hand baker the job. a 5th and 5mm can be thrown away without concern. 

Edited by TheCasillas