• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield is a Carolina Panther

uncfan888

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He has never played "great". 

I disagree. "Great" is subjective. Compared to everything they'd had since Bernie Kosar, he came in and was great. Compare it to Brady, Pat Mahomes, etc., he was really good for a while -- more than can be said for Darnold.

• Pie 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

theres 3 scenarios, you left off simply average

What if he has a 2020 type average year?  Winning 8-9 games.  What the fug do you do then?  Keep rhule, resign baker, let him walk, franchise him?  Like I said its not a plan just creating issues down the road

If hes average then hes gone I'd guess.  We didnt have a top pick in the draft last year.  I'm not sure why so many people are acting like we were guaranteed a top 3 pick in the draft or something when our roster is better than last year.

54 minutes ago, joemac said:

Puts us in contention for a wild card spot and gives us 50% more wins than we've had the last 3 years?

What I was implying is the ceiling of this franchise long term with Baker is not high. And if this trade isn't thinking long term then why throw away any chance at getting Stroud or Young..?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

So your biggest concern is that he MIGHT play too GOOD???  Do you see how you are creating a headache?

No I am asking you and the others, if he has a year like 2020 or slightly better and we maybe just maybe get a wildcard spot are you comfortable giving him a new 5 year massive deal?  Thats a simple question.  You going all in with Baker fuging mayfield because I have seen enough of this doofus that I dont want any part long term with him. 

17 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

For all of you guys that like the trade you still will not answer the question. 

If we are drafting in the 20's are you comfortable giving mayfield a monster deal or franchise tagging him? 

Say he duplicates his 2020 stats, you willing to go all in with him?

He balled out in 2020, 3563 passing yards, 26 TD's to 8 int, lith a wildcard win. The browns were a good running team that year as well (kinda like we keep saying we want to be), with Chubb rushing for > 1000yds and Kareem Hunt going for 841. If he can recreate that, I have no problem paying him like a mid-tier starter. 

EDIT: That's a damned big IF.

Edited by shaqattaq
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

No I am asking you and the others, if he has a year like 2020 or slightly better and we maybe just maybe get a wildcard spot are you comfortable giving him a new 5 year massive deal?  Thats a simple question.  You going all in with Baker fuging mayfield because I have seen enough of this doofus that I dont want any part long term with him. 

I told you.  Tag him and make sure he can repeat that success, then look at a long term deal.  That is a big "if" though.  If he can consistently play great football I'm not concerned with him saying dumb remarks to taunting other teams (I mean I loved Cam and he did similar things).  

2 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

He balled out in 2020, 3563 passing yards, 26 TD's to 8 int, lith a wildcard win. The browns were a good running team that year as well (kinda like we keep saying we want to be), with Chubb rushing for > 1000yds and Kareem Hunt going for 841. If he can recreate that, I have no problem paying him like a mid-tier starter. 

Bro if that is balling out then we can agree to disagree.  He wasnt even in the top 15 qbs in that year

4 minutes ago, Double Trouble said:

What I was implying is the ceiling of this franchise long term with Baker is not high. And if this trade isn't thinking long term then why throw away any chance at getting Stroud or Young..?

I don't think we would be anywhere near bad enough, even with Sam starting to get one of those 2 guys.  We would likely need a top 3 pick.  We would be bad, but not that bad IMO.  

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I told you.  Tag him and make sure he can repeat that success, then look at a long term deal.  That is a big "if" though.  If he can consistently play great football I'm not concerned with him saying dumb remarks to taunting other teams (I mean I loved Cam and he did similar things).  

The panthers are not going to tag him and he is not going to want to be tagged.  Rhule and co would most certainly give him a 5 year 150mil+ deal. 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The panthers are not going to tag him and he is not going to want to be tagged.  Rhule and co would most certainly give him a 5 year 150mil+ deal. 

dude I thought you were going for a run cause this has you stressed. Get some fresh air bud. We just got better.